Welcome to Leeds College of Building
Inspiring lives and building futures
If you are aged between 16 and 18 and want a successful career in construction, you've come to the right place. Leeds College of Building is unique, we are the only college in the UK dedicated to courses with the construction and built environment sector.
There has never been a better time to join this exciting industry, with so many companies currently looking for talented people to join their workforce.
Some people want to learn a trade that will benefit them for the rest of their life, and others want to study for a technical qualification so they can work as an architect, engineer or project manager and others do both.
Even if you're unsure about the trade or career that's right for you, our advisors can work out the best possible courses and careers that they think you will enjoy and do well at.
If you want to find out more, just call 0113 222 6002 for a chat.
Building and construction courses are available at all levels and range from practical, work related programmes designed to prepare students for work in a variety of trades, to BTEC courses that will help them progress to further study.
We are often commended on the high quality tuition, facilities and resources that the College provide and this is reflected in the success rates of our students.
The number of students has expanded in recent years due to the high level of interest in construction and there are currently around 8,000 students.
There is a friendly and sociable atmosphere at all of our campuses and our staff work hard to ensure students achieve their goals and receive the support and guidance needed to succeed.
These are our values - it's what we stand for - and how we behave
10 Reasons to Study at LCB
- You will be studying at the UK’s only specialist construction college!
- You will have access to first class facilities, specialist training workshops
- You will be taught by the best in the industry who can provide you with a wealth of knowledge and experience that is relevant to your course.
- No more school uniform – a relaxed and friendly place to study!
- You have access to a support network that can offer careers advice and personal support. There is always someone available to listen!
- You can take part in enrichment activities including DJ club, gym sessions at Virgin Active and Go Ape!
- You can be part of the LCB Hawks Rugby League Academy and combine College studies with a structured training and professional development programme!
- You have the opportunity to improve student life and make a difference by joining the Students' Union!
- We can help you progress, whether you want to go on to further study at the College or at university, or even go straight into work!
- You could take part in national competitions to prove you are the best trainee in your field!
Our open events are the best way to see the College in action, meet our team, tour the workshops, speak to students, learn more about the courses on offer and see the fantastic resources and facilities we have available. You can just turn up on the dates below and you don't need to bring anything with you.
The dates for 2017/18 are as follows:
Thursday 24 October 2017, 5pm until 7pm at North Street
Saturday 25 November 2017, 10am until 1pm at Hunslet
Thursday 8 February 2018, 5pm until 7pm at North Street
Thursday 15 March 2018, 5pm until 7pm at North Street
Saturday 12 May 2018, 10am until 1pm at Hunslet
As specialists in construction we provide first class facilities, large workshops and the latest tools and technologies.
We are based across 3 campuses in Leeds: North Street, Millwright Street and Hunslet
Our industry standard facilities include:
- Specialist workshops
- CAD classrooms
- On-line testing suites
- Quantity surveying & estimating IT Suite
- Learning Resource Centres
- Free WiFi
- BREEAM Status (Hunslet Campus)
It's important you feel safe, happy and get the most out of your time at College and this is where our Student Services team can help.
All full-time students are allocated a Personal Advisor who will regularly meet with you, monitor your progress at College and help you wherever possible.
- Careers information and guidance
- Applications for employment or higher education
- Support with academic difficulties
- Confidential counselling
- Help with personal problems and difficulties
- Bursary, Learner Support Fund and free meals
You can call the Student Services team on 0113 222 6002.
Inclusive Learning Service
The College works heards to ensure everyone has the support they need to learn, achieve and enjoy College life.
The Inclusive Learning Service is a team of specialist staff who are committed to working with individual students to help them overcome any barriers to learning they might face. They can work with you to develop your own Individual Support Plan and find ways of working that are unique to you and designed to meet your needs.
The team have lots of experience of working with young people with additional learning needs including Dyslexia, ADHD, ESBD, Dyspraxia, moderate learning difficulties and Autism. But, most importantly, they see beyond a diagnosis and get to know who you are and understand how best they can help.
If you think you might need support when attending College, and would like to have a friendly and informal chat about how the IL Service might be able to help you, or would like further information you can contact the team on 0113 222 6029. Alternatively you can email Trudi Pomfret: firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual award ceremony celebrates the work and achievement of students throughout the College during the academic year and it is a great opportunity to reward the talented students in the College and showcase the industry’s rising stars.
Individual students will be honoured in many areas, including those that have shown particular talent, dedication and skill. The awards serve to stimulate a greater interest in the work of the College and provide a tangible reward for students.
Competitions play a big role in student development at the College and we encourage our students to participate in regional and national competitions.
We feel taking part in these events allows students to showcase their skills and for the winners, not only can they receive great prizes it gives them a head start in their chosen career.
Feedback from students who have taken part in the competitions is excellent, it’s given them the opportunity to compete at a high level, increased their confidence, allowed them to demonstrate their skills to potential employers and they are extremely proud of what they have achieved.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Leeds College of Building through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.