Welcome to Broomfield South SILC
Broomfield South SILC is an all-age generic special school for around 150 pupils serving the whole south of Leeds. ‘SILC’ stands for ‘Specialist Inclusive Learning Centre’, meaning we are more than just a special school – we have partnerships with a primary and secondary school and offer support for special needs within our community.
The SILC provides a wide range of extra-curricular activities. These include arts projects, social outings (for example the theatre, cinema or ten pin bowling)and visits to places of interest such as museums and galleries.
We also provide a range of lunchtime clubs and activities to promote healthy lifestyles and to allow pupils to pursue areas of interest. Current clubs include dance, drama, ICT, guitar, art and maths.
Broomfield SILC expectation is for all its Post 16 students to be as independent as possible in preparation for life after school. In order to achieve this, students are supported, each at their own level, to develop their Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills in order to become:
- Independent enquirers
- Creative thinkers
- Reflective learners
- Team workers
- Effective participators
- Express preferences, make choices and act on them
- Develop skills of enquiry, discussion, questioning and problem solving
- Be involved, as far as possible, in decision making regarding themselves, their school, education and plans for the future
- Gain confidence and increased autonomy
- Develop skills of participation through school events, sharing achievements and in participation in the wider community.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Broomfield South SILC through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.