Welcome to The Heath School
Here at The Heath Sixth Form we set our standards high. Our aim is to equip our students with the skills, qualifications and work experience to ensure success at University and in future career choices. Our students are highly motivated and very much enjoy their experience here in the Sixth Form.
Students are also offered an extensive enrichment programme with opportunities to undertake NHS placements, Primary school experience, Duke of Edinburgh, Lead Learners and others. They are directed towards voluntary and weekend opportunities designed to enhance their CVs and contribute positively to the local community.
The staff and students are extremely proud of their Sixth Form and I look forward to welcoming you to our Sixth Form in September.
Our offer to you…..
- Students are able to follow academic routes, vocational routes, or a combination of both to ensure progression into HE/relevant employment.
- All students are placed on suitable qualifications though a rigorous IAG programme that includes both internal and independent external guidance.
- Those students that have not achieved a grade C GCSE in English or mathematics continue to follow a GCSE to aid progression.
- Students follow an enrichment programme to support their vocational studies or HE application.
- All Year 12 students complete a one week work experience’ programme in year 12 and take part in employability interviews.
Our students in the Media and Marketing Enrichment group will be developing the sixth form website this year in conjunction with our web developer so look out for updates from them.
Our school is friendly yet purposeful. All students know that very high standards of academic and personal achievement are expected of them.
The emphasis is on understanding the world we live in and learning for tomorrow’s world. We provide a broad, balanced and rich curriculum to meet the needs of our students and the National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 & 4. It is a curriculum that provides not only for the academic but also a musical, physical and moral education so that all students achieve their potential. These include accelerated SATS, early foundation for GCSE, ASDAN, GNVQ, vocational courses and work related opportunities.
GCSE options include the core subjects plus Drama, Psychology and Astronomy to name a few! All students also follow a programme of personal, social and health education in their tutor groups. All students are encouraged and motivated to aim as high as possible. Year 11 students have the opportunity to study AS levels a year early. Many achieve high grades.
We have a policy of continuous investment in our facilities in order to ensure that we have a learning environment representative of the 21st Century, which motivate personalised learning to meet the needs of all students. We have focused on a number of
key areas within our college for extra investment and refurbishment.
- Ten purpose built Design & Technology study areas all equipped with wireless technology
- Six refitted Science laboratories
- Extended ICT provision and interactive facilities in all areas
- An all weather floodlit pitch for the PE department and the wider community
- Complete refurbishment of the mathematics block
- Construction of outdoor covered seating area for students
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The Heath School directly.