Welcome to Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College
I am pleased to welcome you to Southfield School, a successful 11-18 girls’ school which admits boys to the sixth form. Whether you are considering the school as a secondary school, a sixth form or as a place to work, I am sure you will find it a place which will offer you a wide range of exciting opportunities and experiences.
Southfield has an enviable reputation in the area. We have continued academic success and we strive to improve our results year on year. In addition, the school’s high standards of teaching and discipline are supplemented by a vigorous and extensive array of extra curricular and enrichment opportunities.
A key feature of the school is our excellent pastoral system, which was confirmed in our last OFSTED report (The full report can be read on this website). We are known in the community for our caring ethos which is also evident as you walk around the school. Strong social and moral codes are part of school life, with politeness, tolerance and hard work being the norm.
The school’s aims of ‘challenge, commitment and choice’ underpin all that we do as staff, in our relationships with the wider community, with students and parents.
Please take time to look at our website which will give you a real flavour of our many activities and achievements.
Welcome to Southfield School Sixth Form. Our aim is to offer students who have high aspirations an outstanding learning experience which will help them achieve their goals and enable them to develop as people.
The vast majority of our sixth formers are aiming for university entry and Southfield Sixth Form offers a co-educational environment in preparation for this. Many students remain at Southfield after Year 11, and many also join us due to our academic reputation and wide range of enhancement activities.
In our recent Ofsted inspection, the Sixth Form is described as good. As a result of strong teaching and clear guidance, students are exceptionally well prepared for the next stage of their education, employment or training.
We feel that it is really important that students make plans for their future and take some time out of their busy GCSE schedule to consider life after Year 11. As Southfield School has demonstrated through continued growth in student numbers and exam attainment, students can feel reassured that they have the opportunity to join a school that is building on its success.
Our facilities include:
- 1 x 4 badminton court size sports hall
- 1 x 1 badminton court size gymnasium
- 7 x outdoor tennis courts
- 7 x outdoor netball courts
- outdoor cricket pitch
- 2 x dance\aerobic studios
- K1-climbing wall
- meeting\teaching area with interactive whiteboard and projector (wifi can be made available with prior request)
A whole range of sports can be accommodated for on the Southfield site for example:
- Table Tennis
- All sixth form students will have an academic mentor with whom they will meet at least once a term.
- Students will see their form tutor daily.
- We offer a robust system of support early on in year 12 which is offered to students who are struggling.
- Students have study enrichment periods on their timetables to maximise their potential.
- Study skills workshops are available for all students.
- All sixth form students have the opportunity to meet with our health and wellbeing coordinator.
- All sixth form students are encouraged in their personal, social and health development through weekly forums.
- Access to external support agencies.
- We regularly monitor and evaluate student progress throughout the year.
A History of Success:
- Our average points score has continued to increase testament to the continued hard work of staff and students alike.
- 97% achieved their first choice university. All students who wanted to go to university were successful in doing so.
- Southfield Sixth Formers secured degree places at a range of Russell Group universities
- Our students are regularly offered unconditional offers.
- Students pursue a variety of degrees.
- Historically students have embarked on sporting Scholarships in America, a place at the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, an AAT course and a Goldsmith’s Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College directly.