Welcome to Hall Cross Academy
Hall Cross is a vibrant community in which all are encouraged to develop as individuals, to work collaboratively and to reach their full potential
Our Mission in support of all our learners:
- To develop and define a sense of identity as they move from childhood to young adulthood and to take their place in the World
- To refine their interests academically so that they can move confidently towards identified goals
- To be able to participate fully in an exciting community and feel valued for their contributions
- To make sense of the World as global citizens
- To have access to wide ranging opportunities and experiences beyond the classroom
- To enjoy a safe, secure and positive environment, confident that the adults know them and care about them as individuals
- To experience success and be recognised and rewarded
We believe that we must all hold each other to account to contribute to a dignified and mutually respectful environment. This belief underpins the standards and expectations we have for everyone at the school.
We are committed to being more than just a school.
Hall Cross Sixth Form is a thriving and highly successful learning community.
Hall Cross Academy Sixth Form offers you the opportunity to tailor-make an education that is right for you.
Our focus is your academic and social development, and we will provide you with outstanding support and guidance throughout your time with us.
- The best library in the North of England.
- Our own swimming pool.
- Sports Hall
- Artificial all weather sports pitch.
- Sixth form only Common Rooms.
- Extensive ICT facilities.
- A newly equipped fitness suite.
- Newly-built drama and dance facilities.
We have recently launched our new Personal Tutor system into the Sixth Form which will further enhance the level of care and guidance you will receive during your time with us.
Your Personal Tutor will be an important source of support, and will meet with you regularly on a one to one basis.
In addition, you will be a member of a Tutor Group, and each week Personal Tutors will meet with their students to deliver a programme of support which includes:
- Careers information, advice and guidance
- Study skills support
- Academic review and mentoring
- Student Leadership scheme
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Hall Cross Academy directly.