Welcome to Protocol Skills
Welcome to Protocol Skills!
Protocol Skills is one of the largest private providers of Apprenticeships in the UK. Every year we help thousands of young people achieve nationally-recognised qualifications. Completing an Apprenticeship with Protocol Skills is a fast way to improve your career prospects and earning potential in the future.
Apprenticeships are available in a number of subject areas including:
- Business & Administration
- Hospitality & Catering
- Customer Service
- Warehousing & Storage
So – how can we help?
Introducing Learn2 - a service dedicated to helping young people just like you learn new skills while you work and earn money at the same time! Whether you need help finding a job or are already working and want to gain some new qualifications to get you further up the career ladder, Learn2 could be the answer!
Option 1 - currently not got a job? Why not become a Placed Employee Apprentice (PEA)?
What is a PEA?
- A PEA is a young person who usually...
- Has left school and is under the age of 19
- Receives a weekly wage of at least £95 per week*
- Is entitled to claim back travel expenses to and from their place of work
- Works five days per week on a 12 month contract
- Is often successful at getting a permanent job within their placement at the end of their Apprenticeship
*Government recommended minimum wage
Benefits of becoming a PEA:
- Dedicated specialist support from our Learn2 training team including help with writing a job-winning CV!
- Access to a national database of big name employers looking for people just like you!
- Interview and selection support to give you the best possible chance of getting the job you want
- All interviews arranged and co-ordinated on your behalf, taking away the stress associated with the interview process!
- Opportunity to learn new skills in a guaranteed safe, secure working environment
- Learn while you earn – gain a qualification and earn a wage at the same time
- Achieve a nationally-recognised qualification
- No fees or charges to pay
- Possibility of a permanent job at the end of your Apprenticeship programme
- Learn a career/trade
PLUS once you’ve got the job you will have your very own Training Assessor who will work with you throughout your Apprenticeship, visiting you regularly in the workplace to guide you through your qualification so you’ve got someone on hand to offer advice
and support every step of the way.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT!
Take a look at what some of our learners have to say about their experience of working with us:
“It was always my first choice to become an apprentice when I left school. I didn’t want to go to college full-time and I thought that learning while working and getting qualifications was the best of both worlds. Protocol Skills were fantastic at supporting me through the application process and giving me guidance on what roles were available with which employers in my local area. They always took into account my aspirations, and becoming an apprentice has really exceeded my expectations. I love my role and the fact that Protocol Skills made the application process so simple was an added bonus. For anyone thinking of becoming a placement apprentice I’d say go for it – it will be the
best choice you ever make!”
“I’d recommend doing a work-based qualification to anyone – it’s nothing like traditional college work – you get to put what you learn into practice straight away. And if you work hard it
can massively improve your career prospects.”
“Having had some trouble in the past with finishing courses at college and generally losing interest, I was a bit dubious about starting another course…however working alongside my Training Assessor meant she really kept me focussed and engaged in the course, giving me all the help and support that I needed – I have truly enjoyed the course and will continue to do so.”
We help employers and learners to release potential, and to take advantage of the significant opportunities that upgraded skills and renewed focus can provide. Protocol Skills is one of the UK's largest, privately owned providers of vocational training.We deliver government funded training to businesses and individuals in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each year we support over 12,500 learners to improve their skills and gain a qualification, ranging from NVQs to Advanced Apprenticeships. With over 500 Assessors we can organise work-based learning and regular meetings with our learners, to provide individual support and guidance. The extensive Protocol Skills support network combines nationwide coverage with local support in person, on the phone and online.We work closely with the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) in England (through regional and national contacts), as well as LEC in Scotland, DEL in Northern Ireland and ELWa in Wales. Protocol Skills is proud to work with employers such as: ASDA, PC World, Royal Mail, McDonalds, Carphone Warehouse, Maplins Electronics, Clinton Cards and New Look. Enough about us. What about you? Protocol Skills exists to help employers and learners make the most of their potential. If you'd like more detailed information, please get in touch to discover if we can help you to make yourself a better future.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Protocol Skills directly.