Welcome to Rednock School
We are a highly successful 11-18 School with over 1200 students situated in Cam, Dursley. In September 2009 we moved into a new building with outstanding modern facilities for teaching and learning. We are a specialist college for science which allows us a particular focus on science and mathematics in teaching. We also have an Artsmark Gold and Sport England Activemark for the quality of our curriculum and opportunities we give students.
We have the highest expectations of all students in every area of school life, and work hard to ensure every student is happy, safe and successful.
As a school, we seek to develop to the full the intellectual, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural potential of each student. We aim to bring to each student a realisation of their role and value in the community as well as their responsibilities to that community.
Specifically we aim to develop students:
- To become independent learners, able to adapt to an ever changing world
- To be thoughtful and capable of making reasoned judgements
- To achieve their best in all that they do
- To have self-respect as well as respect for others
- To care for others in their community and be responsible to that community
- To value good health and make clear choices to support a healthy lifestyle
We measure success in different ways:
- The examination results which Rednock students achieve
- The rounded, courteous students who benefit from a broad and balanced curriculum
- The interpersonal skills which enable our students to work harmoniously with the community
- The technological know-how to deal with the demands of this rapidly changing world
Rednock Sixth Form has a long history of giving students exceptional opportunities to reach their potential. Our aim is to ensure that every student succeeds. At the heart of our Sixth Form is the belief that personal success through reaching individual goals and ambitions is our core purpose. This is underpinned through an increasingly rich and active enrichment programme that provides students with a huge range of opportunities. This is matched with a strong ethos of academic success that encourages every student to challenge themselves and strive to be the best they can be.
Rednock Sixth Form is a partnership between students and staff. There is a strong system of pastoral care and study support where students are encouraged, supported and challenged in equal measure. Student voice underpins this partnership as the Sixth Form Committee is closely involved in the decision making process and acts as a strong and influential body to represent student views to the school.
Rednock Sixth Form looks to achieve quality and excellence in everything that it does. We constantly strive to ensure that lessons and teaching is outstanding; and that our pastoral care and career guidance is second to none.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.