Welcome to Comberton Village College & Sixth Form
Thank you for showing an interest in our Sixth Form.
Comberton is a firmly established, high performing sixth form with a strong track record of both academic excellence and student progress. High expectations combined with outstanding teaching and individualised support and care ensures all our students receive the highest quality sixth form experience: As a result of this, former students have left us equipped for their lives ahead, be that reading history at Oxford, medicine at the UCL, sports science at Loughborough, or entering the world of work.
With more than 400 students from in excess of 25 schools, both national and international, the sixth form has a vibrant atmosphere with a wealth of opportunities, while at the same time is small enough to ensure our students are well known and treated as individuals.
I believe we have something special here that offers outstanding Sixth Form education, a judgement that was confirmed by Ofsted inspectors in 2013.
Head of Sixth Form
Opening Evening - Thursday 2nd November, 6.30 - 9.00pm.
Comberton Sixth Form offers level 3 A-Level and BTEC courses in over 30 subjects.
With 350 students we are large enough to provide the choices students need as part of a vibrant sixth form education, yet small enough to know every individual well.
Students come from over 20 difference schools and colleges within Cambridgeshire and from surrounding counties.
We are committed to excellence in all that we do, recognised by Ofsted's 'Outstanding' judgement of us in February 2013.
Comberton Sixth Form students will have exclusive use of the state-of-the-art facilities being built at a cost of £10 million, ensuring one of the best equipped sixth forms in the country.
- Specialist teaching rooms equipped with hi-spec furniture and the latest ICT provision
- A 150 seat lecture theatre with high specification projection equipment
- An exclusive learning resource centre equipped with the latest technology
- Sixth form staff base where you can access additional support for your studies
- A modern, dedicated sixth form library and study area
- Cutting-edge ICT facilities
- 24 hour access to online learning materials
- Wi-Fi learning zones throughout
- A modern Internet Café with Wi-Fi access
- Specialist Performing Arts Centre for Music, Art and Drama
- Dark room, digital editing suite and sound-recording studio
- Fully equipped specialist A-level science laboratories
- State-of-the-art Sports Science laboratory with the latest performance analysis equipment
- A new double-court-sized, fully equipped gymnasium
- A fitness suite
- A specialist design studio
The transition from school to Sixth Form and beyond is an exciting time and one which brings many challenges. We aim to support and guide students every step of the way to bridge the divide between school, university and employment.
Accademic Tutor Team
When students join us they will be allocated an academic tutor who will have dedicated time both to get to know and to support students during their time at Comberton and also to prepare students for the next step. Students will have regular and formalised
one-to-one meetings with their tutor to discuss progress, help solve any problems that arise and agree targets. Tutors will work closely with students, subject teachers and, if appropriate, the Student Support Team. This ensures that they
have a thorough understanding of a students need and can offer you the best advice to help every students to achieve the highest possible levels of success in all areas of Sixth Form life.
Student Support Team
The Sixth Form’s Student Support Team consists of experienced counsellors and youth workers who will liaise closely with the Sixth Form leadership team and academic tutors, as well as accessing help from a range of outside agencies. This ensures that students
can receive all the specialist support that may need during the important Sixth Form years.
2017 A-Level Results
A*-A - 40%
A*-B - 71%
A*-C - 89%
A*-E - 100%
For a more detailed report on our 2017 results please visit our website:
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Comberton Village College & Sixth Form through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.