Welcome to British Racing School
The British Racing School was established in 1983. It is owned by a Charitable Trust and therefore any income generated is re-invested back into the School.
The original aim of the School was to provide purpose built facilities to promote and encourage young people who had the potential to ride as professional jockeys. Since then, the School has developed and flourished to its current position as the Centre of Excellence for training in the racing industry, providing a whole range of different courses and training.
As a Centre of Excellence for training in the horseracing world, we aim to provide a range of training of the highest standard to meet the needs of the racing industry, and to meet the needs of our learners.
What this means is that:
- We are committed to producing top quality training.
- We are always working to improve what we do.
- The training we provide is relevant to the practical needs of those who are working the industry.
- We obtain feedback from trainers, employers and others so that lessons can be learnt and improvements made.
How do we do what we do?
"It is important that we continue to strive to be better tomorrow than we are today in everything that we do" - Rory MacDonald, Chief Executive.
The British Racing School has first class, purpose built facilities including a newly built accommodation wing. Our facilities include:
- Indoor school
- 2½ furlong round all weather gallop
- 7 furlong straight all weather and grass gallops
- 50 acre grass gallops
- Stalls and schooling fences
- Horse simulators including the brand new Racemaster
- Radio instruction system while riding
- Video recording of riding for performance analysis
- Cutting edge computer software for position analysis
- Classrooms with state of the art technology
- 20 Box American Barn with boxes for hire
- 6 Horse Horsewalker
- Practical Teaching Room ideal for veterinary or farriery demonstrations
...and of course our team of fully trained and experienced instructors.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact British Racing School directly.