Welcome to Midland Group Training Services Ltd
Midland Group Training Services is a private Work Based Learning Provider, based in Coventry.
MGTS Ltd Engineering Apprenticeship provides young people with solid foundations and springboards to dynamic careers with plenty of opportunities to diversify in job roles and sectors.
These special qualities MGTS Ltd produce in young people are: excellent time management, logical thinking, the ability to work well in a team and independently, the ability to look for improvement within a company and develop world class manufacturing methods.
“MGTS Ltd operates nationally offering a wide range of courses and services. We have been awarded Centre of Vocational Excellence (CoVE) status for the Multi-skilled Management of Industrial Electrical Systems, which means that we have become an important part of the Government regional solution for the skills base development of young people and for encouraging adults alike to engage in the lifelong learning process”.
Lee Weatherly – Chief Executive
We have been training apprentices for over 40 years
We are the only specialist provider located in Coventry & Warwickshire working with over 120 member companies
Apprentices are allocated a Training and Development Advisor, who is responsible for identifying additional needs and support if required.
In addition to this College support is offered for numeracy and literacy to ensure success in the Further Education Technical Certificate.
Rachel Burns – Kigass Aero Components, Warwick – Mechanical Craft Apprentice
- Rachel is the only female CNC Machinist on the Male dominated shop floor at Kigass Aero Components in Warwick
- Left Stoke Park school at 16 and joined MGTS being one of four female apprentices and completed her first year of an advanced apprenticeship
- The Mechanical Apprentice of the year award was presented to Rachel at the MGTS Annual Awards Ceremony at the British Transport Museum in Coventry in September 2007
Kelvin Easingwood – Ball Packaging, Rugby – Maintenance Technician Apprentice
Kelvin beat five other finalists and was awarded The MGTS Advanced Apprentice Graduate of the year at the British Transport Museum in Coventry in September 2007
- The 21 year old was also awarded for his initiative and mature, methodical approach to his work
- Kelvin has also been helping students at his old school in his spare time with their GCSE Electronics for three months and arranged a visit to his company
- He was a finalist in the EEF West Midlands Apprentice of the Year Awards
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Midland Group Training Services Ltd directly.