Welcome to Queensbury Academy
Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to Queensbury Academy. I hope you find our website useful and enjoy finding out more about our academy and the commitment we make to all our students, their families and the wider community
We are committed to:
• becoming the first-choice academy in Dunstable and the surrounding area, and an excellent academy with outstanding teaching and learning
• being amongst the best academies and schools in the country
• establishing the highest standards of behaviour and good manners, based on positive relationships and strong discipline
• ensuring that all students enjoy their learning, with teachers who love teaching
• building strong relationships with parents, carers and the local community
• ensuring that everyone achieves their full potential
We are proud that our academy is sponsored by CfBT Schools Trust, part of CfBT Education Trust, an educational charity which exists to provide high-quality education for public benefit. CfBT has a strong background in educational research and shares our commitment to achieving excellence in teaching and learning.
The best way to see our academy as it really is, is to visit us during the normal academy day. I am always happy to show prospective parents and students around and to answer any questions you may have.
The student services team include senior staff who work with your personal tutor to guide you through School life happily and successfully. We are proud of our pastoral system, which emphatically puts students first. Furthermore, the School has a child protection policy to support our students and adheres to the appropriate screening of staff on appointment.
We additionally support students by:
Supporting students with special requirements
Careers and further education guidance
I look forward to meeting you and working in partnership with you to ensure your child achieves their very best and enjoys their time at Queensbury.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Queensbury Academy directly.