Welcome to Millom School
All children and young people at Millom School will have access to appropriate high quality education in a community that enables them to achieve the skills, knowledge and qualities to become responsible and successful citizens.
We will achieve our vision by providing learning that shows:
- Millom School is a place for the whole community, with a local, national & international dimension
- Millom School is a place for personal growth, friendship, a place that encourages tolerance, understanding, respect for others, and the area in which you live.
- Millom School is a place for preparing you for the rest of your life.
- Millom School is a place to develop your talents and skills, along with the independence and self-discipline needed to be happy and successful.
- Millom School is a place for the present, today, as well as the future.
We aim to:
- lmprove educational outcomes for all learners
- lmprove the performance of every subject department
- Train and develop our staff to be the best they can be
- Develop the school site, buildings and classroom equipment (within budgetary constraints)
- Maintain and develop a positive, outward facing and inclusive school
- Ensure school leavers know right from wrong, have respect for themselves & others and are well skilled (particularly in literacy, numeracy, and ICT) and employable
Equality, determination, pride, initiative, ambition, respect for self and others, inclusiveness, community cohesion, trust, accountability, professional development, moral values, partnerships.
The next two years could be the best years of your life. The Millom Sixth Form experience is unique. You will have the opportunity to study the subjects that you enjoy most, pursue your own interests, make life-long friends and work towards your future beyond school. To be worthwhile sixth form study has to be challenging but it also has to be enjoyable. The students that have passed through Millom Sixth Form have had an enjoyable and rewarding experience and have gone on to do great things. We hope that you will do the same.
Highly motivated students, dedicated teachers and small class sizes ensure that our examination results are good and continue to improve. Indeed, across the full ability range of post-16 students, national external exam data reveals that our results compare favourably with those of similar schools and we regularly receive compliments from universities and colleges on the quality of students leaving Millom Sixth Form. However, academic success is just one of an array of opportunities on offer.
There are extra-curricular opportunities such as the Sports Leaders and Duke of Edinburgh awards, as well as Circuit Training to name just a few. There is also a thriving social programme organised by the Sixth Form Committee. Events this year so far have included a Christmas meal and later this year there are plans for paintballing amongst other events.
The Sixth Form also make a significant contribution to the school and community: they organise and run events like the Children in Need day, they volunteer for the Reading Support programme and for in-class support. This voluntary work is a very important feature of the application process for University courses and Apprenticeships.
So as you can see there are many opportunities for you in Millom Sixth Form for academic, social and personal growth.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Millom School directly.