Welcome to North Hertfordshire College
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is an occupationally focussed further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth. We deliver full and part-time programmes in a huge range of sectors and occupational areas. We also deliver programmes for students who need additional support to complete their studies.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group - a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value through learning. The Hart Learning Group also includes:
- Hart Learning & Development (HL&D): a progressive new learning and development business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
- The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust which currently sponsors a secondary academy (Thomas Alleyne's Academy) and two studio schools (the Da Vinci School of Creative Enterprise in Letchworth and the Da Vinci School of Science & Engineering in Stevenage).
In partnership with Samama, the Hart Learning Group also operate three occupational colleges in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Our aim is to make NHC an Outstanding college by 2018/19. To achieve this, we will:
Deliver consistently outstanding teaching and learning across all areas of the curriculum.
- Deliver programmes that prepare students for the reality of the world of work.
Support students to substantially improve their English and maths while they are with us.
Work with employers to design, deliver and offer progression routes from our programmes.
Offer a rich, broadly defined student experience, and keep our students safe.
Our values align with our mission and strategy:
Quality: we strive to constantly to improve the quality of our teaching and learning. We are intolerant of poor quality and always aim for Outstanding.
- Innovation: we agitate for new and better ways of doing things. We will look within and beyond the education sector for transformational innovations.
Accountability: we set clear, reasonable expectations and we expect colleagues to deliver. We don’t make excuses.
Integrity: we have a strong moral compass, and we do the right thing for our customers, for our colleagues, and for the group.
Sustainability: we take decisions that work for the medium and long-term: socially, economically, and environmentally.
In order to succeed in your course you may need some help or support. This may be because you have a disability or learning difficulty or because you have missed out on some basic skills learning. Whatever course you are on, up to and including Higher Education we will be able to help.
If you need support with any of the following that may affect your learning, let us know:
- physical disabilities
- dyslexia, dyspraxia and other specific learning difficulties
- sensory impairment
- medical conditions
- literacy, numeracy or if English is your second language
You will be seen individually and the information will be treated confidentially, if required.
We provide support in the following ways
- in-class support
- assistive technology
- study skills support
- further assessments for specific learning difficulty]
- BSL communicators
Your tutor can refer you for support or you can contact the Additional Learning Support team on 01462 424343.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.