Welcome to Central Lancaster High School
I am proud to be the new Head teacher, working closely with our students and families, committed teachers and community to ensure that we strive to reach our goal of “success beyond expectations” for every student in our school.
We are ambitious for our school and its students and we are focused on our aim that together at Central we SHINE. Put simply we are working to ensure we deliver the following:
Set the highest expectations
High quality teaching in every lesson
Individual progress for every student
Nurture respect within our school community
Embrace our wider community; locally and globally
Do let us know if you would like to visit Central Lancaster High School. We are very proud of our students and their achievements and would be delighted for you to visit us.
- To create opportunities and experiences which empower all our learners to develop aspiration, character and endeavour; ensuring personal success, enabling individual progress and preparing for life beyond school
- Every individual in Central SHINES through:
- Setting high expectations
- Highest quality teaching
- Inspiring individual progress
- Nurturing respect
- Embracing our community
- Shaping futures
Our guiding principles:
- Students are at the heart of every decision we make
- Relationships are central to our success
- We strive together towards shared goals
- We experience shared reward
- We offer choice and challenge; our curriculum and wider learning opportunities are as unique as every child in the school
Students may also opt for a wide range of courses through our close partnership with 3 other schools in the district: Carnforth, Our Lady's and Heysham.
Students will take part in a range of enrichment activities, including the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and structured careers advice to support their move onto university or employment.
A sixth form centre has been developed, and includes a “common area” and a work room. There are facilities for hot drinks etc.
A programme of support will be developed, to provide students with Careers Guidance, sporting opportunities etc. Other opportunities will include the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, and volunteering.
Guidance will be given for UCAS applications. Timetabled sessions will be organised as well as events on enrichment afternoons.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Central Lancaster High School directly.