Welcome to St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy
St Wilfrid’s Sixth Form is a place where we can nurture our students to realise success in a caring environment, where the pastoral care works in harmony with high quality teaching and learning. Here you will find yourself in a community built on Christian values, where your well-being and attainment are central to all that we do.
We see our Sixth Form students as leaders at the Academy, which brings both privileges and responsibilities to these students and to the Academy. Every student can take on a leadership role, from a Prefect or Mentor, to House Captain or Sports Coach. You will have the opportunity to make a difference to Academy life and gain from the experience.
I know that if you join us in our Sixth Form, you will very quickly feel integrated into Academy life. This will enable you to focus on your academic studies whilst maximising your own personal development to ensure that you are ready for your next step, wherever that may be!
About St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy
- St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy is a consistently high attaining co-educational day school and sixth form providing a faith-led education for 11 to 18 year olds living in the Diocese of Blackburn
- We provide an excellent faith-led education, based upon a strong Christian foundation
- The Academy achieves success through faith by creating a sense of belonging in a Christian family environment; forging strong and successful partnerships and ensuring the best possible outcomes for each individual
To be recognised as an outstanding Academy and the first choice for Christian families seeking Church of England secondary education within the Diocese of Blackburn.
St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy sees education as an integral part of the mission of the Church to proclaim God as Creator, Christ as Redeemer and the Holy Spirit as Inspirer of all that is good in human living. The main purpose of the Academy is to provide an excellent education, both academic and social, in a Christian context, to enable its students to grow up to take their full part as citizens of this world and the next.
"Achieving success through faith"
To provide an excellent faith-led education based upon a strong Christian foundation that enables our students to succeed and take their full part as citizens of this world and next.
The Academy achieves success through faith by:
- creating a sense of belonging in a Christian family environment;
- forging strong and successful partnerships;
- and ensuring the best possible outcomes for each individual
- Achieving success through faith - a common belief that education is an integral part of the mission of the Christian Church
- Community cohesion - creating a sense of belonging in a Christian family environment
- Collaborative working - forging strong and successful partnerships
- Personal learning - ensuring the best possible outcomes for each individual
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy directly.