Welcome to Rastrick High School & Sixth Form College, A Specialist Technology College
Our aim is to develop students to realise their academic potential through building aspirations, which allows students to be inspired and motivated in order to achieve. Providing bespoke support and enrichment opportunities to prepare students for higher-level achievement and careers.
Rastrick Sixth Form will give you an excellent curriculum, supported by enriching and practical experiences supported by enriching and practical experiences from the world of industry and commerce.
What you can expect from Rastrick:
- Experienced teachers who enable students to both achieve and exceed their potential
- A dedicated teaching and learning environment
- Facilities for independent learning
- Dedicated Academic Managers and Mentors to support you and your learning
- Guidance and assistance for University or Apprenticeship Applications and future employment
- A large, fully networked Study Area
- A Study Café with WiFi access
- Specialist science laboratories
- ICT suites
- Design, art and textiles rooms with specialist equipment
- A music suite with editing equipment
- A Drama Studio with theatre standard lighting and sound equipment
- All weather pitch and fitness equipment
You will be provided with a dedicated team which provides a close knit support network to assist with the smooth transition from GCSE to A-Level and then from A-Level to your destination beyond.
The Sixth Form support team including tutors are highly skilled and experienced in order to offer you the optimum advice and guidance for your personal progression.
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
In partnership with the University of Leeds we offer the EPQ to Year 12 students. The EPQ allows students to embark on a self-directed and self-motivated project and gaining this qualification can help with a successful university application.
All students are given the opportunity to explore Sixth Form through extensive university visits. We have links with several higher education institutions who deliver workshops, in preparation for your future career aspirations.
Enhancement Programme for More Able Students
In partnership with local colleges and Cambridge University, selected students are given the opportunity to attend a series of lectures, visits and open days in preparation for successful application to Universities of their choice.
All students have access to a specialist career advisor to support them in making important decisions about their post 18 pathway.
Young people aged 16-19 years old, who need support to help them stay in education, can apply for the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
67% A*-B or Equivalent on All Courses
41% A*-B Academic Courses
92% Distinction*/Distinction Vocational Courses
97.2% A*-E Academic Courses
APS (Average Point Score) - 211 = C Grade
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Rastrick High School & Sixth Form College, A Specialist Technology College directly.