Welcome to St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Byron College
At St Bede’s, we strive for excellence and aim to help all of our students achieve their potential. The school is a happy, vibrant community where students work hard in their academic studies and are Involved In a wide range of sporting, creative, practical and social activities.
At the heart of St Bede’s, and underpinning everything that we do, is its mission to witness to Christ and to celebrate each individuals relationship with Christ and with one another in the light of Gospel values.
Our dedicated and well trained staff give students the individual support necessary to encourage them to achieve in all areas of their lives.
The high standards of teaching and behavior, the hard work of the students and active encouragement by parents, have all contributed to the school’s success. We work very closely with parents and value highly the support they provide. This close relationship is a real strength of the school, and we welcome prospective parents to come and visit us.
We, the staff and Governors of St Bede’s, believe that the school’s mission is to witness to Christ and to celebrate each individual’s relationship with one another through working together. To this end, the school aims to:
- Ensure that each student reaches the highest academic standards possible
- Provide a curriculum through which students can develop their spiritual life and their social and academic skills and through which they can acquire attitudes and values based on self-worth, charity and tolerance
- Foster the personal and social development of individuals, their relationships with one another and their contribution to the school as a community
- Encourage a close, caring relationship between students, parents, teachers and parishes and, wherever possible, with the wider community
- Foster and sustain an active system of communication which will develop relationships with God, each other, home, parish, school, outside agencies and local community, preparing students for entry into the world at large
- Work towards a common goal, with all members being supportive of one another
- Endeavour to enrich and sustain each individual’s journey to Christ through individual and corporate acts of prayer and worship and through participation in appropriate liturgy
- Provide programmes of study based on the requirements of the National Curriculum, Examination boards and the Bishop’s Conference, which addresses the needs of all students
- Prepare students for adulthood and teach them the social skills necessary to work effectively with others
- Foster relationships between students and staff so that problems can be shared, and solutions sought, in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Seek to promote effective lines of communication within the school, with parents, with parishes and with the community at large.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Byron College directly.