Welcome to Ashton on Mersey School and Sixth Form
I would like to extend a very warm welcome to Ashton on Mersey School Sixth Form. We believe we offer a supportive, yet challenging, experience where all individuals are treated as just that…individuals.
We believe that every student deserves the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. By building on the excellent foundations we have developed in Key Stage 3 and 4 we provide relevant, interesting and varied learning opportunities in preparation for higher education, apprenticeships and the world of work.
The Sixth Form offers a varied curriculum, which provides a blend of experiences to suit individual needs and aspirations, with pathways to incorporate A Levels and BTECS as well as a diverse enrichment programme.
The professional ethos established ensures the highest standards, providing a flexible learning environment for all. We strive to develop a triangular partnership between students, staff and parents/guardians to ensure the success of all our students.
Our Sixth Form is popular and continues to expand, a reflection on its outstanding success since it opened in 2008.
Thank you for your interest in our successful, popular and forward looking Sixth Form. We very much hope that you will want to make it your Sixth Form choice and that this is the start of a long and genuine partnership.
Mr B Kelly
Head of Sixth Form
To provide opportunities in order to assist all pupils to achieve their full potential and to treat pupils as we would wish to have our own children treated.
- Help pupils to achieve their full academic potential.
- Help pupils to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life, employment and leisure in a fast changing world.
- Help pupils to be literate and numerate.
- Encourage the principles of common sense and courtesy and to develop a respect for other people and their property.
- Help and encourage all concerned to maintain the school's good reputation.
- Create a happy and stable environment in which learning can take place.
- Help pupils to develop
- lively, enquiring minds;
- the ability to question and debate rationally;
- the ability to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- Help pupils to understand the effect of human activities on the environment.
- Help pupils understand and respect the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups of people and nations.
- Help pupils develop sensitivity, empathy, tolerance, self-control, sympathy and an understanding of others.
- Prepare pupils for future economic roles as producers, consumers and citizens.
- Help pupils contribute to an industrialised and highly technological society.
- Help pupils to understand enterprise, wealth creation and entrepreneurial skills.
- Help pupils to develop an interest in their own good health and acquire the skills to make positive choices and decisions throughout their lives.
- Increase pupils' awareness of the wide variety of religious and cultural experiences, beliefs and practices to be found in the world so that they may develop an awareness and understanding of their own beliefs and respect the rights and values of others.
- Offer pupils equality of opportunity in learning, regardless of gender or special educational needs.
- Combat racial discrimination and prejudice.
Ashton on Mersey School Sixth Form is separate to the main school and has an excellent state of the art facilities, which comprises of the following:
- Construction Centre
- ICT Suites: Mac and PC
- Learning Resource Centre
- Student Common Room
- Fully interactive seminar rooms
- Sports Science Laboratory
- Changing Rooms
- Office and conferencing facilities
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Ashton on Mersey School and Sixth Form directly.