Welcome to Michaeljohn Training School
Want a career where you will never need be unemployed? A career where you can be your own boss? A career where you have flexible working hours & can travel the globe? Or you simply want to work in one of the happiest jobs in the world?
If the answer is yes... Then you want a career in Hairdressing or Barbering!!
Michaeljohn Training School is Recruiting
Michaeljohn Training is an independent specialist hairdressing and barbering training provider based in the eclectic Northern Quarter, the style hub of Manchester City Centre. We offer hairdressing and Barbering Apprenticeship across Greater Manchester
Michaeljohn educators are recruited to provide impeccable training in all aspects of hairdressing and barbering apprenticeships. From cutting to colouring the training is inspirational and personalised to you. Since we established in 1982 we have educated hundreds of hairdressers. Many remain working within Greater Manchester, some graduates have taken their careers around the country or work internationally. A career in hairdressing or barbering can take you into salon ownership, management, Manufacturers technicians, Teaching, TV and video session stylists. Whichever direction you wish to take your hairdressing career, Michaeljohn can provide you with the skills to get there.
We offer Hairdressing and Barbering courses at Level 2 & 3 as part of the Apprenticeship Programme. All our Apprentices are employed in one of over 280 salons who we work in partnership with each year.
Apprentices are placed with employers in salons of their choice. You may choose to be situated in a fast-paced city centre salon or a salon local to home. Either way, your programme will be individual and tailored to suite you and your learning.
Michaeljohn provides City & Guilds/ VTCT Apprenticeship Qualifications on day release.
Visit our website for further information.
- City Centre training provider
- Easily accessible and hosts good transport links
- On site Wi-Fi
- A Studio area for the delivery of theory and interactive sessions and demonstrations
- 3 newly refurbished fully equipped training salons within the training ensures our Traineeships and Apprentices work on real clients
- Support library for maths and English
- Flexible training routes specific to learner or employer needs
- Recruitment support offering Information, advice and guidance for both learners and employers
- Involvement in local & International fashion/ hair shows, photography and photographic shoots and national hairdressing competitions
- We cater for all learning support needs including maths and English. By recruiting dedicated staff with a high ethic to support our Trainees and Apprentices, we equip you with skills to achieve your goals.
- We offer a range of hairdressing and barbering programmes to help you develop your skills and progress to higher levels (approximately 90% of our apprentices remain in hairdressing 12-months after completion)
- Employers (2015/16) and Learners (2016/17) grade our provision with 100% satisfaction (the only provider in the country)
We have a dedicated Recruitment & Retention team who support and assist applicants, Trainees, Apprentices and employers with information, advice and guidance through the programme.
Contact us Monday - Friday
Learners are offered progression routes at each stage of achievement. Our hairdressing and barbering qualifications progress up to Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3.
We are proud of our Progression offer, many of our Traineeship learners have progressed onto the Intermediate Apprenticeship programmes in barbering and Hairdressing. Over 70% of our Advanced Apprenticeship Hairdressing Level 3 learners are Graduates of the Intermediate Apprenticeship. We also offer barbering progression at Level 3.
Graduates wishing to teach in the sector can enrol on qualifications up to Level 4. This is an option for graduates, hairdressers and business owners wishing to deliver their own training in tandem with MJTS. Annually MJTS engages with over 280 employers. One in ten of our employers are graduate apprentices of Michaeljohn Training, returning to employ and train the apprentices of today, creating the hairdressers and salon entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Michaeljohn Training School through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.