Welcome to Bury College
Welcome to Bury College. As a student at the college you we aim to provide you with opportunities to succeed and progress in your chosen area. Success at college will enable you to realise your dreams and open up a future for you that you may still be unaware of!
At Bury College we are dedicated to providing you with the very best facilities to ensure the environment in which you study enables you to learn effectively. Over the past year we have continued to grow and improve our facilities in many parts of college.
Bury College is by any measure a great college. The college is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and we have continued to find ways to improve the quality of what we do for you. Put simply, even more students succeed here on even more courses.
Come and join us. We are all waiting to help you.
At Bury College we are uniquely placed in that we offer excellence and expertise in both academic and vocational programmes alike, with high quality facilities and resources – including a sixth form centre.
Bury College is a college with its eye on the future. In recent years the college has invested over £40 million in developing the town centre campus.
- Sixth form centre
- Science laboratories
- IT and Media suites
- Fully equipped libraries and learning resource centres
- Recording studio
- Theatre and dance studio
- Digital language laboratories with PC based language facilities
- Industry standard art studios with the latest Apple Mac technology
- Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy and Holistic salons
- Industry standard kitchens
- Three Seasons Restaurant and Bistro
- Specialist facilities to suport students with learning differences and/or disabilities
- PlayFootball with six 5-a-side and two 7-a-side pitches
- Fully equipped engineering and construction centres
- Sports facilities and fitness studios
Additional support is available to all students and can meet a wide range of needs, including those associated with:
- General learning difficulties
- Specific profound learning difficulties (SpLD) including dyslexia and dyspraxia
- Lack of confidence in reading, writing, spelling and maths
- Language (ESOL)
- Snesory impairment
- Physical disabilities
- Medical conditions and concerns (including mental health needs)
The support offered may include:
- One-to-one teaching or mentoring
- help with personal care
- In-class support
- Adaptation of materials and assessments
- Provision and/or loan of specialist equipment
- Specialist assessment and support
- Special examination/assessment arrangements
You can ask for support at any time. Tell us about any needs you may have on your applicatiuon form, at interview, advice days and enrolment. If you are already at college, your group or subject tutor will be able to help. We have a team of learning support tutors and support workers who will talk to you about your needs, and support you in which ever way is best for you.
We will work with you and staff in the college to negotiate an individual support to plan to help you make the most of your time at college. Please help us to help you. Please tell us if you have a disability or any other needs in advance of starting your course, and we will endeavour to provide support on commencement of you course.
The college also has two Student Learning Mentors who are qualified youth workers. They support students on a wide range of issues and encourage student representation across college. They organise trips and events as well as charity fundraising activities throughout the year. All students are encouraged to join the Student Action Group and to take part in volunteering/enrichment activities to extend their experience of college life.
Learner services at Bury College can also offer supoort including:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Additional learning support
- Safeguarding/general support
- Financial support
- Enrichment activities
- Learning recource centres
- Access to Connexions
Bury College has yet another year of outstanding results!
Bury College's excellent track record of achievement continues with an exceptional pass rate of 99% for Advanced Level courses.
Hundreds of students have secured university places on a wide range of courses including: Mathematics, Medicine, Physics, Optometry, Languages, English, Law, Primary Education, Art and Sports Therapy.
Rebecca Barton, a former pupil of The Elton High School in Bury, achieved three grade A passes in English Language and Literature, Media and Sociology as well as a B in History. Rebecca has progressed to The University of Manchester to study Linguistics and Sociology.
Michael Entwistle is a former pupil of Sharples School in Bolton. Michael achieved three grade A* passes in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics and is now at The University of York studying Theoretical Physics.
Samantha Bell, a former pupil of St Cuthbert's RC Business and Enterprise College in Rochdale, achieved A* passes in Psychology and Sociology and an A grade in English Language. Samantha is now studying Speech and Language Therapy at Reading University.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Bury College through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.