Welcome to Harborne Academy
I am pleased that you are considering taking your Sixth Form studies at Harborne Academy. This will be our first full academic year in the new building, which provides us with opportunities to extend our curriculum and deliver more programmes to meet the employment opportunities of the future.
The Academy integrates our nationally acclaimed Health Technology Centre with a Science and Technology Centre, creating a unique learning experience across the Health and Science curriculum areas.
I am very proud to be leading the Academy during this exciting period, and will work with both staff and students to ensure that the enhanced teaching areas contribute to even higher levels of success for all learners.
It is not only the building that makes Harborne Academy the school of choice; high aspiration, high motivation and high achievement are at the heart of our vision for every learner. We are committed to delivering an oustanding education where each student is able to achieve the highest possible outcomes. Outcomes that prepare them for further study, skilled employment and give them a love for learning that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives.
I hope you find the information on this website helpful but you are very welcome to make a personal visit at one of our open days, or by private appointment, so that you can experience what we do and see for yourself how exciting our school truly is.
Harborne Academy is the first specialist Health and Science Academy to be opened in Birmingham. The Academy is sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College, which has a 100 year history of academic excellence and achievement.
The Sixth Form Academy for Careers in the Medical Professions offers a Science based curriculum including AS/A Level and vocational courses for Sixth Formers to support their aspirations for careers in the medical professions.
The Academy has a range of qualifications that meet the entry requirements for University application, progression into a range of career pathways or apprenticeship employment.
In 2013 Harborne Academy underwent a major £12 million new building programme providing students with outstanding facilities in which to study.
- A state of the art new building opened in October 2013
- Outstanding facilities which are amongst the best in the UK
- Links and partnerships with NHS Trusts, hospitals and medical practitioners
- Strong links with Health Technology employers
- Long-established links with local universities and local medical providers
- Preparation for university entrance
- Regular parents consultation evenings
- Student progress reports twice per year
- Frequent contact with parents/carers and a culture of working together in the best interests of your child
- A range of clubs and societies are available to enhance CVs and personal statements for future progression
- Open University studies are available in some cases alongside mainstream courses
- Participation in regional Maths competitions
- The chance to enjoy enhancement activities such as Birmingham's Big Bang - an annual Science based event
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Harborne Academy through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.