Welcome to Preston's College
At Preston’s College we take great pride in supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
In short, it is our mission is to help make learners THE most Employable they can be.
Preston’s College therefore provides the culture, environment, facilities, innovation and services to enable learners at all career stages, local businesses, college staff, and the College itself to develop and maintain a thriving local economy.
Since the 2012/13 academic year, more than 2,000 Preston’s College students gained employment with over 600 local employers and nearly 8,000 students progressed to a higher level of study after their course.
Working closely with businesses across Lancashire, we have re-modelled our curriculum to help bridge the gap between education and industry. For example, learners will benefit from working on live project briefs set by employers, while doing so in a Real Working Environments – reflective of the workplace.
What we’re proud of:
- 100% pass rate on over 400 courses
- Links with 4,000 employers such as Leyland Trucks, BAE Systems, Eric Wright and NHS
- 99% of students say they would recommend us
- 98% of our students think that Preston’s College is a safe environment
We pride ourselves on offering an exceptional experience to all our students, whether you are a school leaver looking to study a vocational course or Apprenticeship, or an adult returning to education. Since 2012/13 we have had nearly 8,000 students progress to a higher level of study, many of whom stay at the College to studyHigher Education after progressing from a Level 3 vocational or apprenticeship programme to our higher level courses ranging from Level 4 to 7.
We are the largest Apprenticeship provider in the local area with a recruitment service dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right apprenticeship called The Job Zone, and we also work with hundreds of local employers looking to train their staff.
Preston’s College has invested over £20million to provide learners with unrivalled, state-of-the-art facilities including a new enterprise and learning zone and our recently opened iSTEM Centre.
Opened in September 2015, the iSTEM Centre empowers students to formulate ideas, test theories and present findings to local firms. The Centre also boasts industry standard resources including a six seater aircraft, CNC Cutting Beds, 3D printers and a NASA developed anti-gravity treadmill.
The College’s construction centre is another classic example of a Real Working Environment in action. Working in partnership with the Eric Wright Learning Foundation, the College will provide learners with an experience that truly reflects a typical working day. Learners will be required personal protection equipment (PPE), receive safety inspections and visit live construction projects to gain a full understanding of the different trades.
In November 2013 the College was inspected and graded as a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted. Here are just a few extracts:
- “Learners are very positive about the quality of their experience at the College.”
- “Success rates are on an upward trend and overall success rates are above the national average.”
- “Employers value the professionalism that the learners bring to their businesses thus improving their competitiveness and profile with their customers.”
- “Strong leadership, effective management or change and rigorous performance management have resulted in significant improvements in the quality of provision and accountability of staff.”
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.