Welcome to Harlow College
Our aim is to make life and learning at Harlow College enjoyable and engaging. It’s not all work and no play, but… when you come to us you sign a ‘commitment to study’. We're here to set you up for your future and get you where you want to be. We'll help you and support you to get there. It'll be hard work, but worth it!
What Harlow College is about…
- Research from the University of Durham has shown that Harlow College is the nation’s top FE College for Value Added scores. (ALIS figures)
- We offer the widest range of school leaver courses in the area
- We have excellent links with employers - giving you access to live work placements to help improve your career prospects
- Our Apprenticeships are the best in the area, there’s a wide choice and our success rates are particularly high
- Harlow College is a multi-million pound campus, there has been substantial investment in facilities – some of our buildings are truly inspirational and have cutting edge facilities.
- Our higher education students learn in the fantastic University Centre Harlow building, Anglia Ruskin University validates our Foundation and Honours Degrees.
- We offer competitive tuition fees and bursaries for higher education students.
- We offer high quality advice and guidance
The Skylight Brasserie
Delicious high quality food prepared by our catering students
From the day you first contact the College to the day you complete your course, we aim to provide you with the very best advice, guidance and support to help you on your learning journey. We want you to have the best possible opportunity to succeed in your studies, to achieve your aims and to have a rewarding and memorable time.
All full-time students have a Learner Mentor to guide them through their Study Programmes. You will have a weekly tutorial session to discuss your Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and any issues or problems that you may be working through. Your Learner Mentor will be able to signpost you to the most appropriate support.
The College prides itself in giving high quality support to individuals with learning difficulties, disabilities, or other additional needs, including emotional, medical, social or behavioural. By providing the right type of support, we work hard to enable you to achieve excellence and reach your full potential.
The College administers a Bursary Fund to assist students with costs related to attending College. These may include: travel costs, uniform, equipment, educational visits and meal costs. Your eligibility will be assessed according to your personal circumstances, your household income and the course that you are studying. The Bursary desk is open daily in the Star Agency. You can also apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
- In the Top 1% of colleges in England
- 85% A*-C A Level pass rate 2014/15
- Distinction average vocational grade achieved in 2014/15
- 619 Apprentices in trainin with Harlow College 2014/15
- A double Beacon award winning College
- 417 students went on to university in 2014/15
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.