Welcome to Ken Stimpson Community School
We are proud to be a local education authority, co-educational, multicultural, comprehensive community school for students aged 11-18. We offer superb facilities and a highly qualified and motivated teaching staff. We place a great emphasis on partnership and co-operation between parents, students and staff to ensure each child receives the best possible education. We encourage and welcome dialogue with students, parents and friends of the school to achieve our aim of sustained improvement in all areas. We set the highest standards and we have created a happy and ordered environment where young people can develop and achieve their true potential. Welcome to Ken Stimpson Community School!
-Richard Lord, Principal
Ken Stimpson Community School is proud to be a Local Education Authority, co-educational, multicultural, comprehensive Community school for students aged 11-18. We offer superb facilities and a highly qualified and motivated teaching staff. We achieved Business and Enterprise status in September 2004.
- "Provision in the Sixth Form is a strength".
- "It is effective and well managed."
- "Students are consistently challenged and work well individually."
- "Students are positive about their experiences in the Sixth Form."
- A wide range of academic and vocational courses.
- A new purpose built Post 16 block completed in April 2007, containing many specialist Post 16 teaching rooms, ICT private study areas and a large common room.
- A variety of enrichment experiences including: sporting activities, school and community service, Key Skills qualifications, visits, attendance at conferences and exhibitions.
- A supportive atmosphere from a team of specialist 16-19 tutors.
- A core programme including study skills, preparation for higher education and employment, self-appraisal, citizenship and awareness of the community at large.
- An active student committee contributing to discussions of academic and pastoral issues, organising social events and coordinating fund-raising.
- Conference facilities and meeting rooms
- Dance Studio
- Shared facilities with Werrington Library
- Shared facilities with Werrington Sports Centre
Ken Stimpson Community School is very keen and determined to meet the educational needs of all students and this is especially so for those who require additional support. The school is guided by the following principles: -
1.A student with Special Needs should have their needs met.
2.These special needs will normally be met in school.
3.The view of the student will be sought and taken into account.
4.Parents/carers have a vital role to play in supporting their child’s education.
5.Students with Special Needs are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
6.A governing body or proprietor must prepare a report containing SEN information (section 69(2) of the Children and Families Act 2014).
•Promote independence, equality and consideration for others.
•Ensure that we celebrate the wide range of student’s achievements.
•Support all students to excel by offering multiple pathways for progression.
•Equip students with the skills and attributes necessary for adult life.
•Create a welcoming atmosphere for students and parents.
Our thriving Post 16 Centre offers a wide range of courses and has a growing reputation as a centre of excellence. Students joining our school at the age of 11 are secure in the knowledge that they can remain here until they are ready to go on to Higher Education or until they feel prepared fully for the world of work. We offer both academic and vocational courses including AS Levels, A Levels, GCSEs, and BTECs. Students are guided onto individual programmes of study to suit their particular needs. Enrichment activities are encouraged and all students have the opportunity to improve their Key Skills.
We also work in connection with The Voyager Academy. For a detailed list of their Post 16 courses available please follow the link:
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Ken Stimpson Community School directly.