Welcome to Stanley Park High School
Stanley Park High is a very successful mixed community school for students of all abilities between the ages of 11 and 19 years.
Although we have a long history of schooling in the local area, in 2006 we were designated a ‘One School Pathfinder’ by the London Borough of Sutton. This designation required us to design a new school that not only responded to the outcomes in our vision statement, but it also had to be innovative and forward thinking in order to prepare our students for life in the 21st Century. In addition, it had to be an inspiration to other schools. We feel that we have got this right and our new state-of-the-art school opened in January 2012.
It goes without saying that Human Beings are a social species. Learning is a social activity. We understand that life in the 21st Century will be strongly dependent on social interaction. Consequently, we believe that the ability to form excellent relationships will be critical to our students’ learning and success in the future. Consequently, everything we do is designed to maximise the chances of such relationships. Our ‘Four Schools within One’ concept is central to this.
We are highly ambitious for the future success of the school, as we are for each student that is entrusted into our care. It is our belief that our nationally recognised curriculum structure and innovative approaches to learning and teaching, when coupled with our extremely high expectations, will provide the perfect platform for achievement and success.
Every member of Stanley Park High will have:
- Ambition, commitment, resilience & perseverance
- Confidence to take risks
- An ability to organise and present themselves effectively
- Intellectual curiosity
- Imagination and creativity
- Initiative and self-motivation to learn independently and with others
- Optimism for a future in a rapidly changing world
Our Vision Statement is based on the fact that for children and adults to be inspired to learn it is our fundamental belief that our school provides:
- A curriculum that responds to the needs of each and every individual irrespective of their age and aptitude
- Learning experiences that are diverse, flexible, rich, experiential and active
- Positive, effective relationships within a collaborative and sustainable community
- Academic, social and emotional intelligence
These beliefs are in keeping with our role as a Lead School for Human Scale Education (HSE).
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Stanley Park High School directly.