Welcome to Hackney Community College
Welcome – Hackney Community College is an exciting, vibrant and multicultural FE College, based in the heart of Hoxton. We’re a successful college: our students enjoy their time here and achieve in their studies.
Students like our safe and secure campus, and the friendly, multicultural atmosphere. It’s an adult atmosphere, where people treat each other with respect.
Our team of teaching staff, learner support specialists and advisers will support you all the way. Whether it’s academic, financial, personal or tutorial support you need, our experts are on hand.
You’ll see from our website that we’ve got a varied range of courses. They range from pre-entry level right up to post-graduate level. So whether you’re looking to re-train and get back into work, get a qualification to get a great job, take an Apprenticeship or are simply looking to gain an extra skill, we invite you to come and have a look around our campus and see why you should make Hackney Community College your first choice.
I hope you find the course you’re looking for and I look forward to welcoming you to Hackney Community College.
Principal, Hackney Community College
Courses and training HCC delivers:
• Academic courses, workrelated training, professional qualifications and courses for fun • From pre-entry level to postgraduate courses and everything in between
• We deliver Adult Community Learning provision for Hackney and the City of London From a business point of View…
• Our employer facing training company, View Training, developed from the established and successful business training arm of Hackney Community College
• All profits from View Training’s operations are invested back into the education and training of local people
• View offers apprenticeships, workplace learning and tailormade specialist training across many employment sectors
Our Shoreditch Campus is designated ‘World Class’ and is held up as an excellent example of a safe, accessible education environment.
• We’re based in the heart of the area known as Tech City, recognised as one of the world’s fastest-growing technology hubs
• Student feedback says our IT and digital resources are second to none
• Our chic Hoxton Street Open Kitchen Bar & Restaurant is run by our London City Hospitality Centre students
• Students and the community benefit from Olympic-standard facilities in SPACe, our sports and performing arts centre
All students can receive free, confidential and impartial adviceon things like: your next step in education or your career, finance, housing, health, immigration, benefit claims, legal problems, sexual health, drugs, staying safe, personal / emotional concerns and other issues.
We are very proud to have been recognised with a whole-organisation matrix Standard in 2013.
We welcome students with physical and sensory impairments, mental health needs, medical conditions and learning difficulties.
Approximately 12% of our students have disclosed a disability or additional learning requirement; and we provide tailored support to each of them.
You’ll get practical support, information and advice to support you in succeeding on your course. And, you’ll be treated with respect.
We take suggestions and complaints very seriously at the College and have a Complaints Procedure in place.
Overall success rates at HCC are strong, and improving. In summer 2014, HCC Sixth Form students achieved 100% success in 13 out of 15 A2 subjects, with an A2 pass rate of 97%.
The success of HCC students goes way beyond exam results:
• Students in areas from construction trades to health and social care, do exceptionally well in skills competitions.
• Media students are regularly recognised for their work in national contests.
• Our sports academy students bring home regional and national titles year after year.
• HCC students progress to impressive degree courses and into great jobs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Hackney Community College directly.