Welcome to Coloma Convent Girls' School
Coloma welcomes into its Sixth Form girls from Coloma, from other schools and from a variety of denominations and faiths. The School aims to foster a deepening awareness of the Christian faith, alongside an understanding of all other creeds and a desire for opportunity and justice for all. We strive to:
- inspire a genuine love of lerning and scholarship through excellent teaching and supportive relationships between students, teachers, tutors and parents;
- provide and teach high-quality A level courses in a wide range of academic and applied subjects;
- guide and support our students to progress to university and professional careers in keeping with the talents and aspirations of each individual and drawing on a very well-established network of contacts;
- offer opportunities for the personal and social development of our students including skills in leadership, management and enterprise by working with, and for, the wider school community;
- provide opportunity for the enjoyment of leisure including sport, music, and the creative and expressive arts.
- develop well-rounded, confident and compassionate young women.
Mrs M Martin
Coloma Convent Girls’ School sits in extensive grounds on the edge of the Addington Hills. Built in 1965 by the Daughters of Mary and Joseph it continues to grow not only in helping Girls to achieve their maximum potential in academic and vocational pursuits but also in the provision of the facilities to help them in those twin aims.
Since the school was built a significant number of additional facilities have been added, reflecting the ever modernising and increasingly technological world in which we live. As part of our Open Day events Coloma pupils lead tours of the Coloma site for prospective Lower School and 6th Form students and parents which include:
- Purpose built 6th Form Block in its own setting within the grounds
- The School Chapel
- The Design & Technology Centre
- The Large School Hall and Stage
- Two fully equipped gymnasia
- Fully equipped science laboratories
- Lacrosse & athletics field
- Tennis & netball courts
- Well resourced library with computer provision for independent study
- Music studio with computerised digital composition facilities
- Drama studio
- 6 Computer suites equipped with PC network, access to the internet and wireless connected laptops
- Online communications in all teaching areas
- Floodlit artificial football & lacrosse pitch and training area meeting FA requirements built in association with Sport England
- New & refurbished art and pottery rooms
- Media suite
- Purpose built performing arts centre (The Winton House Performing Arts Centre)
- The Jubilee Centre
In the Sixth Form we aim to provide a framework for the rounded development of the individual and welcome girls who at 16 wish to join Coloma for this important stage in their preparation for adult life.
We recognise that an important part of our role is to ensure students have in place a strong and supportive pastoral environment which will enable them to remain motivated and able to take personal responsibility.
At Coloma, care in the Sixth Form is shared between a team of 14 experienced Sixth Form Tutors and a leadership team of the Deputy Headteacher/Head of Sixth Form and two Assistant Head of Sixth Forms. The Tutors meet daily as a group and share a prayerful thought for the day. Regular tutorials enable students and tutors to discuss issues of individual concern and to monitor progress.
All students attend, and contribute to, year group assemblies and whole school assemblies.
We are once again delighted that that our Girls have been very successful in achieving their choices for university places.
Over 90% of our 2016 leavers have accepted places to study at University or on Art Foundation courses, with 40% of these students securing places at Russell Group Universities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Coloma Convent Girls' School directly.