Welcome to Central Foundation Boys School
As we approach the celebration of 150 years of Central Foundation, we look to the past with pride and gratitude – and forward, to an exciting future. These are the aims that we have set ourselves:
- For every single one of our students to achieve outstanding outcomes in their education; in terms of both qualifications and the development of the skills, attributes, knowledge, understanding necessary to thrive in a rapidly changing world. It is these outcomes that will transform their futures.
- To provide inspirational teaching; we will continue to lead the way in recruiting top graduates into teaching, to find the best qualified and most inspirational teachers with the energy and commitment to lead and inspire inside and outside of the classroom.
- To provide a world class curriculum for the students: whilst based around traditional subjects it must reflect the world as it is today and prepare the students for the future.
- To provide outstanding pastoral care; care of the individual must always rank alongside our academic ambitions – unhappy boys do not succeed.
- To ensure the highest standards of behaviour, uniform, attendance and punctuality: students learn best in a calm and safe environment.
- To be committed to promoting and preserving the richness of our diversity; as a uniquely diverse school in terms of academic ability, socio-economic make-up and ethnicity we will continue to use this to the advantage of our students in their education.
- To construct an inspirational physical environment; we will develop our historical school campus in a way that will enhance the education of the students and improve the quality of their lives.
- To commit to community; service is at the heart of our school. We will develop innovative and wide-ranging community programmes.
- To provide ground-breaking advice, information and support to all students for their next step beyond Central Foundation: whether students are moving on to university, work or training, they must receive the highest quality support.
Thank you for exploring the possibility of entry to Central Foundation Boys’ School at what I believe is a very exciting time to be part of the school’s community. It is a great honour to be leading the school during its 150th anniversary in 2016-2017. We believe that it is our responsibility that every one of our pupils fulfils their academic potential. In addition, we must ensure that they develop a love of learning, fully develop their creativity and, so importantly, enjoy their time at the school.
We aim to:
• offer an academic challenge which enables every pupil to realise their potential.
• create an environment which instills in students the ability and courage to think independently and develop a love of learning.
• provide a wide range of cultural, sporting and adventurous activities for pupils to enjoy and through which they can learn to work co-operatively and to lead.
• be a community that nurtures every student and encourages them to develop a sense of social responsibility and that also supports their spiritual and personal development.
• support all of our students into the best universities and into high quality employment.
• develop and maintain the school’s facilities to ensure that the physical environment of Central Foundation sustains the excellence of its education.
• ensure that the pupils from all backgrounds and abilities can obtain admission to school and feel secure and valued, and that they are all able to realise their potential.
These are ambitious aims. My responsibility is to ensure that they are fulfilled and that we prepare our pupils for the challenges of life in the 21st century.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Central Foundation Boys School directly.