Welcome to LifeSkills
Our Study Programmes, Traineeships and Apprenticeships are designed to help you get the skills employers are looking for and be successful in getting and keeping a job in your chosen career.
We've got courses in everything from Beauty to Retail, Childcare to Sales, Construction to Admin, and loads more.
Not all courses are available at all centres so see the centre nearest to you for more details.
We've come a long way since 2002 when we first set up the business. It all started when Spencer Fearn, Andrew Wright and Martin Kolton decided to tap into young talent by launching an innovative music and graphics programme in Bethnal Green and created a specialist arm of the Central Training Group. Since then we've expanded across the UK and now have Training Centres in Basildon, Lowestoft, Rotherham and Sheffield. And of course there's also our our sister company in Leeds, Progressions UK.
In our most recent Ofsted Inspection we were viewed as giving ‘outstanding’ care and support, advice and guidance for learners. We achieved an overall ‘Good’ grade, and were also awarded ‘Good’ in the following categories: Teaching and Learning, Maths and English, Leadership and Management, Study Programme, Outcomes for Learners, Retail and Business Administration.
LifeSkills is about showing learners the way by giving them the tools they need to get the jobs they want. Our employment and Apprenticeship Learning Programmes have been highly praised throughout the industry.
And because there's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet from time to time, here are some other achievements we're very proud of:
- A total of 79% of young people on our Study Programme courses went into a Job, Apprenticeship or College.
- A total of 92% of young people on our Study Programme courses, have achieved their main qualification.
- A total of 82% of our Apprentices achieved their full Apprenticeship Framework.
- LifeSkills are holders of the Investors in People Gold Award, the highest standard in the land.
- LifeSkills are Matrix accredited, which means the Advice and Guidance we give learners and employers has been commended.
Whether on a Study Programme, Traineeship or Appretnticeship we always put the learner first and give them the best possible support so they have the best possible chance to not only realise their potential, but exceed it.
All of our centres are centrally based and easily accessible by public transport. The centres are welcoming and kitted out with all of the equipment needed to help you study, learn and acheive the qualifications you need.
In our most recent Ofsted inspection we were viewed as giving 'outstanding' care and support, advice and guidance for learners. as well as support from your tutor our dedicated 'IAG' staff are on hand to help and also link with a wide range of support agencies to help you stay on track.
Depending on your programme and personal circumstance you can apply for a bursary and LifeSkills will also pay your travel fees, so it doesn't even cost you anything to attend.
- 79% of young people on our Study Programme courses went into a Job, Apprenticeship or College.
- 92% of young people on our Study Programme courses, have achieved their main qualification.
- 82% of our Apprentices achieved their full Apprenticeship Framework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact LifeSkills directly.