Welcome to Croydon College
Your next step is one of the most exciting and important stages of your life, whether you are progressing on from school or looking to build up skills and experience for your chosen career.
At Croydon College we are passionate about teaching and learning and its ability to transform lives. We provide courses for every stage, offering progression routes right through to a degree or employment.
We want to make sure you achieve your potential both within and beyond the College. We therefore work closely with many local and national employers to give you the best opportunities and experience possible. You will also have the chance to be a part of something remarkable through our community volunteering and enrichment programme.
We look forward to helping you, not just to succeed on your chosen course, but also to stand out from the crowd and give you the edge you need to compete and succeed in today’s competitive and fast changing world of work.
Choosing the right college for you is a huge decision – one of the biggest you’ll make. So you need to get it right. Whether you’re ready to move on from school to a more adult learning environment as a stepping stone to either employment or university, or you want to come back into education to acquire the skills you need to further your career, Croydon College is here to help get you to where you want to be in life.
Over 8,000 students choose to study with us each year. We’re one of the largest and most successful providers of Further (college) and Higher (university) Education courses in the South East, judged Good at all levels in all areas by external inspections by Ofsted and the Quality Assurance Agency (for Higher Education). This means greater choice for you: we have a wide range of qualifications at different levels and across different specialisms for you to choose from, so there’s something to suit everyone. We’re flexible too: you can study full-time, part-time or in the evening. You can choose from courses that are academic, vocational or industry- and work-based.
We offer academic and vocational qualifications, including Apprenticeships, BTEC, City and Guilds and NVQs. We’re here to advise and guide you through this rich range of opportunity and help you to make the right decision.
Our teaching staff are experts in their field and have exactly the right mix of academic and industry experience to help you succeed in your chosen field. Over the years, Croydon College has built up close relationships with employers and businesses to ensure that the work-related skills our students learn, using up to date equipment reflecting best industry practice, are the ones employers require now and in the future.
The Croydon College experience extends far beyond your studies. We look at your development as a whole person, how we can help you build your confidence, ambition and aspiration for the rest of your life. Our Enrichment Programme gives you opportunities that might just change your life.
Our academic, welfare and employment support services are there every step of the way to cater to each student’s individual needs.
University Centre Croydon, our Higher Education campus, works in partnership with University of Sussex, ranked amongst the top 15 universities in the UK. Most of our degree-level courses are now University of Sussex awards.Everything we do has a learner focus, and our core values are:
- Responsibility and Accountability
Please read our Strategic Drivers Summary Flyer below to find out more about our Mission Statement, Values, Vision and Strategic Drivers.
Croydon College has invested £60 million in recent years to ensure that we offer you the best, state-of-the art facilities in the region. This includes outstanding physical and online resources for you to learn and practise skills in a wide range of academic and vocational areas, and incorporates the first class teaching and facilities of the Croydon School of Art.
Here are just a few examples of our top quality teaching and learning facilities:
- Lee Stafford Hair and Beauty Academy, including hairdressing and spa therapy salons.
- Chefs Restaurant, Bar and Coffee Lounge.
- Parfitt Gallery, showing a range of student and external art exhibitions.
- Light, airy and spacious classrooms and lecture theatres.
- Brand new science labs.
- Top quality IT suites.
- Industry standard construction, engineering and motor vehicle workshops.
- Specialist photography, film and animation equipment.
- Dedicated performance theatre and sound recording studio.
In addition to the outstanding teaching and learning resources within each curriculum area you will have access to a range of other exciting features including:
- A modern three-storey Library and Learning Resource Centre for personal and group studies.
- Over 1,500 PCs, Apple Macs, tablets and laptops dedicated for student use.
- Fast and free Wifi to help with your studies.
- One of the best online learning platforms in the country (Moodle) that you can access from your PC, phone or tablet.
- Student common room with pool tables, table tennis, games consoles, board games and newspapers available for relaxing during your break time.
- Student Refectory and Café as well as access to Chefs Restaurant and Coffee Lounge for a variety of food options.
- Employability Hub for all things work-related, including finding temporary and part-time work, work experience, CV support, mock interviews and professional networking opportunities.
- Croydon College Conference Centre.
The College building provides a safe, secure, inclusive environment right in the heart of Croydon with excellent road, rail and tram links right on its doorstep.
If you would like to have a look around our amazing facilities for yourself please pop in to one of our open events.
There's more to come too, with the College at the heart of Croydon Council’s plans to regenerate College Green into one of London’s leading cultural and educational destinations. The plans would see the construction of a brand new start-of-the-art college building, incorporating new modern facilities for all of Croydon College’s faculties including the renowned School of Art.
Employers and universities want people who are self-motivated, independent and skilled.
Croydon College will support you by developing your skills, helping you to become a self-motivated student, able to apply yourself to different situations, to solve problems and be successful.
During your time at College you can expect to experience different styles of learning and a variety of teaching methods and assessment.
You can expect lessons to take many different forms – whole-group classes, group work, individual research and practical sessions. Lessons are designed to be interactive, so you are expected to contribute to them. The more you put into your learning, the more you will get out of it!
All your lecturers will be well qualified, with a variety of educational and industrial experience. They will be up-to-date in their subject areas and they will prepare relevant and topical resource materials to use during their teaching.
As a student at Croydon College, you can expect to experience:
- Discussions and debates: where the whole group or smaller groups discuss a topic.
- Practical demonstrations: where the lecturer/other group members carry out practical activities.
- Using technology: a range of technology is available to help you manage your studies, we put a world of valuable resources at your fingertips.
- Lectures: a formal session with the lecturer (or students) delivering the appropriate theory/content.
- Questions and answer sessions: where students ask (or answer) questions from, or to, the lecturer/other group members.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Croydon College directly.