Welcome to The Heathland School
Central to our mission statement is our firm belief that students learn best within a secure, well-disciplined learning environment that provides a broad and balanced curriculum. We challenge our students to become ambitious learners who strive for excellence and the highest levels of achievement across all school life. In order to achieve this we will:
- Provide an environment where individual learners thrive as confident, independent and informed citizens of the future
- Celebrate and value the diverse nature of the school community and ensure our core values of respect, tolerance and empathy underpin all we do
- Ensure our learning and teaching responds to curriculum development in an exciting and innovative way
- Work in close partnership with parents to unlock their children’s potential
- Develop all students' understanding of the importance of safe and healthy lifestyles
- Promote a vision of science and mathematics which gives all our students and the wider community the opportunity to excel
- To promote high achievement and outstanding academic success
- To prepare students for their future life and role in society
- To involve students and parents in the life of the school
- To foster a sense of community and traditional values based on discipline and mutual respect
- To provide an orderly, attractive and stimulating environment
- To be a leader in meeting the challenges of the future
To achieve these goals:
- Provide effective leadership
- Seek continuous improvement
- Provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- Recruit, retain and motivate a highly qualified, committed and caring staff
- Uphold the school’s Behaviour Policy and Code of Conduct.
Our thriving, ‘outstanding’ Sixth Form has an established reputation for academic excellence and we welcome applications from all students. Our Sixth Form offer is challenging, inspiring and unique, offering a dynamic and stimulating post-16 experience for all students.
As one of the largest Sixth Forms in South West London we offer a wide range of academic and vocational courses. In addition to the excellent curriculum offer, delivered by specialist teachers, we provide all Sixth Formers with experiences beyond the classroom to support their personal development and enhance their personal statements and CVs in readiness for their futures. Extra-curricular opportunities include a range of sporting, debating and creative clubs but also extend to unique visits and trips and inspirational guest speakers. Students attending The Heathland Sixth Form will also benefit from personal support and guidance for their future pathways, university choices and career options. Our students leave the Sixth Form as intelligent, hardworking, well-rounded citizens, fully prepared for their future pathway.
As a Mathematics and Science College we are a specialist provider of Mathematics and Science, benefitting from a dedicated and highly experience teaching staff who are experts in their field. We are proud to offer a programme of targeted advice, guidance and support for applicants for Medicine, Dentistry and other highly competitive courses, as well as full support for all students going through the UCAS application process.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The Heathland School directly.