Welcome to The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
We are a highly successful vocational further education college offering a vast range of courses with two large Centres in Enfield and Tottenham. We are dedicated to giving the best possible education and training to all of our students, no matter what they have achieved before.
Our courses will give you the skills you need for work and for university too. We also offer a huge range of excellent Apprenticeships, Traineeships andSupported Internships for those whose
focus is on gaining work experience leading to nationally recognised qualifications and employment.
As well as offering our courses at our excellent College Centres in Enfield and Tottenham - we can also come out to you! We currently run courses and training from a range of community venues as well as employers' premises.
Our mission is to help individuals, employers and our community to succeed by providing outstanding education and applied vocational training with a particular focus on skills for employment.
Our vision is to be the number one skills college for businesses and communities, offering a huge range of courses to help people on to skilled jobs, apprenticeships or university.
1. We will put the learner at the centre of what we do.
2. We will set high expectations of our learners, to increase aspiration and focus on success.
3. We will prepare our learners for progression into jobs that meet local and national needs working with employers, our partners and our communities.
4. We will treat our learners as our customers and deliver excellent levels of service in every interaction that we have.
5. We will listen to and respond to the views of learners, parents and carers, employers, stakeholders and staff to improve participation, involvement and performance.
6. We will plan and deliver our courses and training to meet the needs and interests of learners, employers and our local and national community.
7. We will deliver industry standard vocational programmes in industry standard facilities.
8. We will promote best practice in teaching, learning, training and assessment that embraces e-learning and digital technology.
9. We will seek out opportunities for partnership, acquisitions and business opportunities that benefit our stakeholders, community and employers.
10. We will encourage innovation, creativity and enterprise.
11. We will develop an organisational culture based on flexible, highly professional, expert staff that thrive on challenge and meeting the needs of their industries.
12. We will swiftly and relentlessly address areas for improvement and enable our staff to respond to changes required through professional training and development.
13. We will uphold high standards of professional and ethical conduct and rigorous performance management.
14. We will promote a culture where colleagues are valued, developed and supported and promote good role models for learners. Staff skills and expertise will be continuously developed and updated to ensure they are leading edge for their sector.
15. We will embed equality and diversity in all spheres of our activity.
16. We will ensure a safe and healthy environment for learners and staff with a focus on the sustainability of the College.
17. We will proactively engage in developing new markets to diversify the College’s income streams and strengthen its financial stability.
18. We will maintain the financial sustainability and viability of the College, delivering good value for money, to ensure the College can continue to fulfil its mission in the future.
As a student with The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, you will benefit from cutting edge facilities and inspirational study environments.
Ezone is a virtual one-stop shop which lets you keep in touch with tutors, and friends. You can check your emails remotely using your webmail access post your views on the discussion forums and look up a wealth of information about courses, social clubs and facilities around the College. New features are constantly being added to this dynamic resource, so it’s the best way to keep up with everything that’s going on.
The learning centres have a full collection of study resources including the latest textbooks and course materials all available to loan, a wide range of journals, study areas, photocopying, DVDs, videos and players. There are 60 PCs at each centre for open access use, with a range of software from Microsoft Office to Dreamweaver and all with Internet, email and printing. Apple macs are also available for DVD and movie editing at our Tottenham Centre.
Eat, relax and unwind!
We have plenty of places to eat, where you can also socialise with friends and take a break from classes. In our modern eating and meeting space for students, you have a choice of hot meals with an exciting menu at reasonable prices. Both centres have undergone recent refurbishment to include additional seating.
Costa Coffee sell a selection of cold drinks, crisps and snacks including pastries, home baked cookies and fresh fruit. You can also opt for a cappuccino, espresso or latte, and have a quick breakfast.
We run two professional, state-of-the-art, fully fitted hair and beauty salons that have recently been refurbished to a high standard. We offer a full range of professional services at a fraction of the cost. All services are supervised by our fully qualified staff and include beauty treatments, hair styling and barbering. We also offer specialised treatments such as microdermabrasion, Indian head massage and reflexology.Our facilities for learners include:
First-class professional facilities
We teach sudents using industry standard equipment and software, including video-editing suites, a music recording studio and multimedia rooms, construction workshops, a drama hall, and professional salons open to the public.
We offer a wide range of support at the College aimed at making your college experience better.
Every learner has a personal tutor and, we offer career support at both our Enfield and Tottenham Centres. Many of our courses include work experience, and those who are studying Business Management Level 3 or Travel and Tourism Level 3 can apply to join either
our Business Management Career Academy or our Travel and Hospitality Career Academy. As members of the Career Academies, learners receive paid summer internships with well-respected compaines.
We have an active Students' Union who work hard each year to fundraise and provide activities for students.
We also have dedicated Safeguarding Officers.
Thousands of students qualify with the College each year, gaining employment with top employers and places at some of the best universities in the country.
An outstanding student, Bhaveet Shah recently achieved his IT and Computing qualification and is now at university studying Robotics or Software Engineering at Brunel Universit. A strong contributor to College life, Bhaveet was a Student Ambassador and mentor.
Talented hairdressing student, Sardasht Khalil, recently completed his Level 2 at the College, after celebrating victory by winning the coveted title of Student of the Year at the annual Chris & Sons Hairdressing Awards. Using the film Hairspray
as inspiration, Sardasht entered the music category, creating a sleek 1960s hair do that impressed the judges with its simplicity and technique.
Kojo Hurley-Holder, 19, recently gained a six year contract with Mulalley Construction after he was recommended by the College. Kojo enrolled on a Level 3 construction course and after passing with distinctions decided he would like to go into Construction Management.
Maria Daniela Lofruscio Silva achieved her Business Administration Level 3 qualification at the College and is now the Office Manager for a Construction company in Waltham Abbey.
Joe Safe, recently gained a Distinction for his ICT BTEC and gained employment at the College before moving on to work for a national IT company.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London directly.