Welcome to Brentside High School
I am confident that the move into the Brentside Sixth Form will be the clear and right choice for many of you.
Last year we had a pass rate of almost 100% in the Upper Sixth and I firmly believe that our individual targeting and support procedures do much to realise a high level of success.
Although we will not be the right choice for all of you, I firmly believe that many of you should join Brentside’s Sixth Form!
- The quality of teaching and learning in Sixth Form lessons is very good and the outstanding care and guidance experienced by students at Brentside continues into the sixth form (Ofsted 2011).
- Students report that they feel well supported by their tutors and value highly the relationships they have with their teachers.
- When Value Added tables (Key Stage 4 to Key Stage 5) were introduced in 2008, Brentside High School was the highest placed Ealing school each year until 2010. We were also in the top 5% of all schools in England during all three years. (Note – Since 2011 the Department for Education (DfE) no longer publishes this figure but our results have improved since 2010 so we believe the value added scores remain very high).
- We accept and welcome your increasing maturity and we will celebrate your many achievements. However, we will still chase you over work that is late and support you when you are under pressure.
- We provide a Sixth Form of approximately 285 students - big enough for you to have a variety of people to mix with but small enough to avoid losing the personal touch.
- We will consult you over aspects of your course – for example, options within examination courses.
- We offer you excellent accommodation and study facilities.
- You will have access to a large number of PCs and high speed internet connection.
- We offer you a social life that does not put you under pressure to neglect your studies.
These are very exciting times for Brentside High School. Our reputation is growing both locally and nationally. These achievements have been identified and celebrated in many ways:
- One of the top 56 schools in the country (2013) using the ‘similar schools’ measure.
- The 36th most improved schools in England (2013)
- The most improved school in Ealing (2008-2012).
- Headteacher receives award as Secondary School Headteacher of the Year (London and the South East), but this is down to the whole school team with staff and students working together.
- Identified as a high achieving school that will support other schools that have not been so successful.
- Ofsted said that progress of sixth form students is good or outstanding.
With such high level performance, such a wide range of courses and learning and teaching supported by our state of the art building and outstanding ICT facilities, why go elsewhere when you can come to Brentside?
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- Commitment to study and a desire for success
- Appropriate qualifications
- A good record of attendance and punctuality
- A good record of appropriate behaviour
- Acceptance of, and compliance with, our dress code
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Brentside High School directly.