Welcome to LBTS6 - Lilian Baylis Technology School
LBTS6 is not just about education, it’s about starting your career path.
We are geared towards students with ambition and drive who will be able to make the most out of our many links with business, industry and numerous London universities.
We understand how important the choices you make for years 12 and 13 are in determining your future career prospects. That is why we make our students this simple promise: we will provide you with the opportunities, experiences and guidance to ensure your progression to University and/or into your desired future career.
LBTS6 is not just about education, it’s about starting your career path. We are geared towards students with ambition and drive who will be able to make the most out of our many links with business, industry and numerous London universities.
We understand how important the choices you make for years 12 and 13 are in determining your future career prospects. That is why we make our students this simple promise: we will provide you with the opportunities, experiences and guidance to ensure your progression to university and/or into your desired future career.
6th Form Curriculum
Our A Level and BTEC courses have been planned in consultation with university professors, faculty heads and staff responsible for university admissions. This means that your course is directly linked with study at university.
At LBTS6 you can choose a combination of courses, including A Levels and BTEC Level 3 Diplomas (which are equivalent to 1, 2 or 3 A Levels, depending on your chosen course).
Course choices for Year 12 and Year 13 may include:
• 3 A Levels + 1 AS Level
• 2 A Levels + BTEC L3 Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to 1 A Level)
• 1 A Level + BTEC L3 Diploma (Diploma = equivalent to 2 A Levels)
• 2 AS Levels + BTEC L3 Diploma (Diploma = equivalent to 2 A Levels)
Alongside your regular studies at 6th form, we will provide you with an external mentor who is directly linked with your future ambitions.
Our business, industry and university links are also used to provide you with opportunities to attend university workshops and seminars, meet with university professors and admissions tutors and network with business and industry professionals.
Additionally, if you are studying a BTEC Level 3 course, you will have the opportunity to complete work placements throughout your course.
Entry Requirements English and Maths GCSE grade C or higher and 3 other GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent L2 BTEC Merit grade.
We are situated in brand new 6th form building which features:
- Separate study area with touch screen computers
- Large fully furnished student common room for relaxing and socialising
- 6th form dedicated classroom space
- 6th form café area
- Laptop banks
- Online library resources
- Student lockers
- Outdoor gym
Working in partnership with universities is a central part of what we do at LBTS6. The majority of LBTS6 students will progress to university and we aim to make that transition as smooth as possible for you. For this reason we have developed close partnerships
with several London universities, including:
- Kings College London (KCL)
- Goldsmiths University
- London South Bank University
- University College London (UCL)
- City University
- Birkbeck University
These partnerships provide LBTS6 students with a variety of possibilities to enhance your own university applications, including:
- Guaranteed conditional places on many degree courses through a progression agreement for LBTS6 students who apply to Kings College and London South Bank University
- Meetings with admissions tutors for advice on making a successful University application
- Mentoring from university undergraduates who will take you around campus, introduce you to their professors and talk you through both university life and the application process.
- University taster sessions where you attend a number of lectures, tutorials and seminars in various degree courses
- A national programme of “realising opportunities” from 12 of the top UK universities. Successful completion of the programme will allow you to receive additional recognition for your university application
- A ‘Learning to Learn’ university skills programme at LSBU. Successful completion of this will earn you UCAS tariff points which are taken into consideration in the LSBU offer.
In fact, LBTS6 is the first Into University sponsored 6th form. This means that we enjoy a special partnership with this growing charity who will provide you with career advice, mentoring, university experiences and even academic support.
We also have dedicated LBTS6 staff who will ensure that you are guided through the university application process, from selecting the right course to writing your personal statement, as well as help in applying for financial bursaries and scholarships
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact LBTS6 - Lilian Baylis Technology School directly.