Welcome to Beths Grammar School
We are committed to meeting high expectations and achieving excellence. This is reflected in our aims:
- To enable each student to maximise their academic potential and develop individual talents
- To provide education with character, embracing a wide range of enrichment activities
- To provide a stimulating, caring and secure environment building on traditional values and standards
- To challenge students to acquire individual responsibility respecting the views, values and beliefs of others whilst developing their own
- To create a culture which reflects our technologically advanced era and promotes innovation
- To work with a wide range of partners to ensure young people are able to take full advantage of the lifetime opportunities open to them.
From our students we expect the highest standard of personal conduct, the best possible academic performance and a real commitment to the wider life of the school. In return we provide a stimulating yet demanding approach to teaching and learning. Further, by working in partnership with parents we seek to ensure each student’s individual needs are met.
Through their time at Beths Grammar School we help young men and, in the Sixth Form, young women, develop the skills and qualities they need for higher education and later life.
"At the heart of our school is the principle of promoting educational excellence and leadership skills.
We give all our students, from Year 7 to Year 13, every opportunity to excel, both academically and within the wider community.
Our Outstanding team of staff provide a curriculum which is diverse and engaging and we push our students to achieve the very best.
Alongside this, our well-established prefect system, extensive community service and enrichment programmes, and an active student council give our students both the opportunity and the platform to fully engage with the world around them and take on effective leadership roles.
We also have a strong sporting tradition and a plethora of extra-curricular activities, including a thriving Duke of Edinburgh scheme.
Our goal is to ensure you leave us with the qualifications and confidence to pursue any path you wish. We will support you on every step of your journey, whether that is with general advice at our annual Higher Education and Careers evening, our Outstanding pastoral care or through working with your personal UCAS tutor.
Picking your courses is the first step along that path. We recommend you make your choices on the following basis: how interested you are in the subject; how it matches your academic ability and skills; and how it will help towards any future career you may have in mind.
Choosing Beths will place the world at your fingertips; together, we will help you reach out and grab it.
We look forward to welcoming you."
Mr M Neylan - Senior Deputy Headteacher & Head of Sixth Form
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Beths Grammar School directly.