Welcome to Ursuline High School
Beginning the Sixth Form is an exciting time when you will be making important decisions about the next step in your education. Ursuline Sixth Form offers an excellent pathway to your chosen university, further education, apprenticeship or training. We prepare you for the independent learning needed for lectures and seminars and our expert Careers Advisor offers one to one advice and guidance on university and career choices.
We also offer specialist support from our Oxbridge Co-ordinators, Medical Co-ordinator and for students applying to the Russell group of Universities. We enjoy strong links with Wimbledon Bookfest for students passionate about books and film making. We are strong on careers in engineering and offer the opportunity to support applications for Arkwright scholarships. For students wishing to pursue clinical careers, we have the Getting into Medicine Scheme led by staff from University Medical Schools, with support from clinicians and senior staff from the Science Faculty.
As a student at the Ursuline you have access to courses at Wimbledon College as part of our partnership arrangements. This facilitates a greater choice of subjects as well as different combinations.
Every Sixth Form student is invited to take full part in the life of the school through our enrichment programmes, societies, perfect system, leadership training and community service programmes. We give every student the opportunity to find their passion and develop themselves.
We have a flourishing enrichment programme in drama, music and many other extra-curricular activities. There are many opportunities for field work and cultural trips. Recent visits have included New Orleans, New York, Dallas and China.
We are confident that you will find the Sixth Form challenging and rewarding and an excellent preparation for either university, further education or the world of work.
We look forward to welcoming you into our Sixth Form in September.
Ursuline Sixth Form - Learning to live life to the full so that others can fully live. As a Christian community, characterised by a spirit of respect, trust and joy, we promote excellence in every aspect of life, thereby fully developing each individual. Our school motto, Serviam – I will serve, is at the heart of school life and encourages students to develop their gifts and talents for the benefit of others. Ursuline High School is committed to educating young people:
- of conscience and compassion
- who are alive with love for God, for learning and for their fellow beings
- who seek to develop all their talents to the full
- and to place them at the service of those who need them most
We will do this by providing excellent opportunities for:
- teaching and learning within an extensive academic and vocational curriculum
- pastoral care inspired by a commitment to each individual and their growth
- self-understanding and self-esteem
- understanding and responding to the issues that matter in our contemporary world
- the development of the whole person
- leadership and in service to others
- the development of skills to go on learning in a changing world
- developing in a community inspired by a love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Ursuline High School directly.