Welcome to West Thames College
Welcome to West Thames College - A friendly, vibrant and excting West London college.
We're a successful college of further and higher education with a friendly atmosphere. The college is based in two locations, our main Isleworth campus and the Feltham Skills+Logistics Centre. Over 6,500 students from many different backgrounds choose to study with us each year.
10 things you should know about West Thames College:
- We're easy to get to: located in West London in the London Borough of Hounslow, we're just 30 minutes from central London by train or tube. There are also lots of bus links to the college from the local area.
- Our facilities are oustanding: Our Isleworth campus has been completely redeveloped, with brand new facilities. The Feltham Skills Centre has purpose built workshops for construction trade skills and a professional training kitchen for catering students.
- We provide Higher Education (HND, Foundation Degree or BA Hons Degree): We offer a range of HE courses, from Applied Biology to Teacher training. Our higher education fees are considerably less than most universities, without compromising on quality.
- We've got a huge range of learning materials: Our Learning Resources Centre has three floors packed with books, DVDs, specialist magazines, trade journals and over 3000 e-books.
- Great links with industry: We have strong partnerships with local businesses and offer great apprenticeship and work experience opportunities.
- We give personal support: Every student gets a Student Learning Advisor to guide them through their studies and life at the college. You can also use our counselling, health and advice services.
- The Salon is open to the public: We have a commercial hair and beauty salon on site, where members of the public can get discounted haircuts and beauty treatments.
- We care for students of all abilities: Our supported learning students have a specially designed training kitchen and cafe, a sensory room and a garden area.
- Our students progress to University: Many of our students choose to continue their studies through higher education at Universities around the country. We have excellent links with Kingston, St. Mary's and the University of Westminster.
- We welcome students from other countries: We have basic skills provision to assist the progression of speakers of other languages into our specialist education and training and to support all our learners.
- Fitness suite
- Student common room
- Research and study facilities
- ICT suites
- Brand new Isleworth campus opened in 2012
- Hair and Beauty salons
- Workshops for trade skills including plumbing, painting and decorating, electrical installation, carpentry and brickwork
- Industry standard vehicle workshop
- Training kitchens
- Science laboratories
- Recording studios
- Media and music studios
- Professional theatre and dance and performance studios
- Photography and animation studios
We have an excellent reputation for the additional support we give to our students.
From your initial enquiry until you leave the college, we will give you all the advice, guidance and support you need to ensure that your time at West Thames College is happy, safe, productive and, above all, successful.
All full time students meet with their Student Learning Adviser every week. They will help you stay on track and reach your goals.
If you need extra support with your studies, are dyslexic or have a learning difficulty, you can receive one-to-one or small group support to help you complete your coursework. We can also update your dyslexia assessment or complete a dyslexia diagnosis with you. (There may be a charge for this service for international students.)
Counselling and Medical Advice
Free and confidential advice is available if you have any personal problems or need information about health or medical issues.
Your safety and wellbeing
We have effective arrangements in place to safeguard your health and safety at college, which includes carrying out enhanced CRB checks on all our staff. All students are issued with personal ID cards which must be shown on entry. Our Student Activity and Student Security teams help to create a safe, welcoming and friendly college environment for everyone to enjoy. There are staff you can talk to at any time if you have concerns about your own safety or wellbeing.
Our students take part in industry-sponsored national and international competitions and events as part of their course. Every year our students get through to the finals and often win these prestigious awards.
Check out some of our latest news stories.
Students think we’re great too!
Inspectors at our last Ofsted inspection said that every single student they interviewed was positive about the college, their teachers, the support they receive, student activities and the college’s friendly atmosphere.
Student Awards Ceremony
At the end of each academic year we celebrate the amazing achievements of our outstanding students at our Student Awards Ceremony.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at West Thames College through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.