Welcome to Barton Court Grammar School
OPEN EVENING 2019
We look forward to you joining us for our Sixth Form Open Evening which will be held on Wednesday 30 January from 6.45pm - 9.00pm.
On this evening there will be two talks in the School Hall, one at 7.00pm and the second at 8.00pm. Booking for these talks is essential to avoid disappointment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tickets. Please include current School, number of tickets required and the time of the talk you wish to attend.
Barton Court Grammar School is an Ofsted “Outstanding” School (March 2014). We are one of the few co-educational selective schools in the country delivering both high academic standards within a very caring and supportive school community. Our Sixth Form is enriched by international students joining from countries in Europe and worldwide to complete their qualifications with us as well as welcoming students from other local schools and valuing our own Year 11 students staying with us for the Sixth Form. If you are looking for a small, friendly school with a strong emphasis on outstanding teaching and learning with high academic standards in a well maintained environment with quality facilities and quality support then we look forward to meeting you. School’s Mission Statement: At Barton Court Grammar School, students are supported, inspired and challenged to achieve their very best in all that they do, in order to reach their full potential and academic excellence. Students develop into independent, confident, open minded, life-long learners ready to take their place as leaders in the 21st Century. Students develop into well-balanced, articulate, principled and responsible global citizens, with cultural and international awareness, who positively contribute to our School and the wider community.
Please note: You must choose either three or four subjects in Y12, these choices can be made up of A Levels, BTECs and EPQ. If you choose three subjects, you will also be studying the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). If you study four, the EPQ is optional.
• Brand new building with refectory and new mathematics and biology classrooms.
• University standard sports hall, climbing wall and fitness rooms.
• Heavily reduced price gym membership for Sixth Form Students.
• 5 tennis courts, 4 sports pitches.
• 10 well maintained and fully resourced Science laboratories, three of which are in the new building.
• Two Sixth Form common rooms
• Large Sixth Form Study Centre with 60 computers designated only for Sixth Form use.
• Biometric registration for study periods
• ID badges for signing on and off site
• “Bring Your Own Device Scheme” for Sixth Form Students to access our Industry Standard Wireless technology.
• Fully refurbished Art, Music and Drama facilities.
• Well-resourced and maintained Product Design room with 3D printer and laser cutter.
• Drama theatre with tiered seating and newly improved lighting.
Sixth Form students have structured pastoral support. The team consists of Director of Sixth Form responsible for Sixth Form and Year 13, Head of Year 12, Form Tutors and a designated Sixth Form Learning Mentor. There are additional support programmes in place for students who wish to apply for medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, law, STEM and Oxbridge. In addition there is a support programme for students who wish to Aim High and apply for places at Russell Group Universities/Top 25 and university places overseas in America, Europe or Australia. Students with Additional Educational Needs are supported effectively by our pastoral team and our SEN team. Support is also available for pursuits outside the curriculum. Students are encouraged to take on leadership responsibilities within the school prefect structure, and guided if they wish to complete Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award or develop First Aid Skills with the Red Cross. A Level students are encouraged to take the prestigious AQA Baccalaureate by studying for 4 A Level subjects, EPQ and completing Enrichment Activities. Each of these have a designated responsible member of staff to lead and advise the students and in addition each student studying the EPQ has their own mentor/supervisor. Students are prepared for life beyond Barton Court during our Enrichment Days and are given the opportunity to complete work experience at the end of Year 12 as well as attend many trips/visits
• 46% A*-B grades at A Level
• 80% of Y13 Leavers gained a place at their first choice university.
• 66% Leavers gained a place at a top 50 university
• 34% Leavers gained a place at one of the Russell Group Universities
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Barton Court Grammar School through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.