Welcome to Brockhill Park Performing Arts College
Whether you are currently studying at Brockhill Park Performing Arts College or a student at another school or college, making the right decision about where you should undertake the next stage will play a key part in determining your future success. Please read this prospectus carefully so that you are fully informed to make the right decision for you.
Brockhill is an extremely innovative and forward-thinking school in which to work. It is also a school which is constantly striving to improve all aspects of it’s practice and, frequently, we ask students for their opinions to help shape our future plans. In fact, Brockhill is well regarded for it’s emphasis on the importance of ‘Creating Opportunities’ beyond the Sixth Form and encouraging young people to take greater responsibility for their own learning. Our focus is academic accomplishment and personal achievement.
With a large Sixth Form, we are fortunate to be able to offer a wide range of A Level and vocational courses. However, we also provide a varied programme of Enrichment Activities to which our students subscribe. We feel that these opportunities are vital in developing self-confidence, community awareness, leadership skills, self-esteem and softer ‘Key Skills’. They also help prepare young people for the world of work and life in general. In addition, our vision and status enables us to play a key part at the cutting edge of exciting developments and projects, from which our students are able to directly benefit.
We value enormously the positive contribution Sixth Formers make to the ethos of our school and the influence they have over our younger students. As a consequence, the Sixth Form is based in the Saga centre, right at the heart of our school, with an open plan Learning Resource Room, access to our study support team as well as an employability skills co-ordinator who will help support your choices beyond Brockhill.
Finally, we wish you every success as you complete your Key Stage 4 studies over the next few months - remember, hard work now will be rewarded in August! If you feel that you want to be part of our Sixth Form and benefit from what we have to offer, then we would be delighted to help support you through the next exciting phase of your learning.
Mr Ben Travers
Head of Sixth Form
It is our purpose to develop a creative thinking learning culture which is inclusive, innovative and vocational supported by the arts and rural dimension. We want to:
- develop the capacity for lifelong learning
- build and sustain a strong safe learning community
- foster personalisation through creative and cultural learning
- secure sustainability and build capacity.
At Brockhill Park Performing Arts College our students come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the students achieve their very best. We are deeply aware that students only get one chance at their education and it is our job to ensure that they all reach the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want every student to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us and throughout their school lives so that when they leave us they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
We will strive to:-
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all students having the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every student brings to school. To use this as a foundation for improving standards
- Value the achievements of all students, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self-image
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work
- Provide a curriculum based on the National Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated
- Offer all students equal access to the curriculum and school life in the community where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted
- Encourage students to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect for themselves, other students, adults, their school and their community
- Recognise that students are constantly developing and ensure that the curriculum offered is appropriate
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as a good role model to others.
- Performance Theatre
- Sixth Form Study Centre
- Specialist Dance and Drama accomodation
- Specialist facilities for subjects
- Study support Manager
Our Option Blocks can be found here
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Brockhill Park Performing Arts College through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.