Welcome to Dartford Grammar School for Girls
Our vision for all members of our school community is “Working together to achieve academic excellence and personal potential”. We have very high standards in all areas of school life and expect our students to strive for their own personal excellence in everything they do. As a community our principal values are Respect, Responsibility, Excellence, Dedication and Creativity. Together we share the same high expectations and ambitious aspirations whilst recognising and celebrating our differences as individuals.
We believe that Dartford Grammar School for Girls is a truly remarkable school and we are very proud of our students and their achievements. If you would like any further information about the school, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our thriving Sixth Form provides an exciting environment for students to excel and achieve personal and academic success. We are a vibrant and happy community where students are given every opportunity to flourish academically and develop their skills and talents as individuals. Our committed team of teaching and support staff work in partnership with students and parents to personalise the Sixth Form experience to each student’s needs and aspirations. An extensive extra-curricular programme enriches and extends the curriculum, allowing each student to explore and develop their personal talents and interests. Wide ranging opportunities for leadership enable students to develop the skills, knowledge and qualities they will need to be our leaders of the future.
Whilst we expect all students to strive for academic excellence and reach their potential, we also highly value students’ personal development and their contribution to our school, local and international community. When our Sixth Form students leave Dartford Grammar School for Girls they are mature, articulate and well rounded young people, confident in their ability to succeed and make a significant contribution to the wider world. We are very proud of our Sixth Form students and their achievements.
At Dartford Grammar School for Girls we recognise the importance of choosing the right post-16 provision; it is a decision that potentially shapes the rest of a young person's life. If you would like any further information about our Sixth Form, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be very happy to answer your questions.
Please note: the closing date for applictions is 4pm on Friday 20th December 2013.
All students joining the Sixth Form will have:
- Completed their GCSE course, gaining at least grade C in Mathematics and English Language;
- Gained at least 3 grade A*/A at GCSE;
- In addition to the 3 grade A*/A they must gain at least 4 GCSEs at Grade B or higher;
- Any vocational qualification that is equivalent to more than 1 GCSE grade will only count as a maximum of 1 pass;
- If the subject chosen is not available at GCSE level then a ‘proxy’ subject will be used to determine if a student is suitable to start the course (details are available in the Sixth Form prospectus);
- Some A Level courses have specific requirements related to course content. Please refer to the handbook for further detail.
- If the school can provide a viable Sixth Form programme.
Please select 4 AS Level courses.
It is important to take time to read the individual courses requirements and specifications.
Out of County Applicants
Students living outside Kent, who are applying to our Sixth Form should:-
- contact the area prospectus team for a username and password on 01622 696377 or email email@example.com.
- ensure that they enter their current school name in the referee section of their application. Once applications have been acknowledged, we will contact schools to request references.
Our online applications process for new entrants closed on Friday 20th December 2013. Any new entrant wishing to make a late application should contact the school directly.