Welcome to Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
We shall be holding an Information Evening for external students on Thursday 16th November 2017 at 6.45pm for a 7.00pm start.
Our Open Evening will be held at Thursday 1st February 2018 at 7.00pm and will include a tour of the school along with various talks from subject leaders, Heads of School and Sixth Form.
Did you know....?
- there are 500 students in our Sixth Form - more than half of them joined the Langton after Year 11
- We have the same strategy as Google - 20% beyond the core curriculum
- We are the only school in the world with a licence to modify the human gene
- We have Elite Sports programmes in 6 sports
- There are over 80 Sixth Formers doing the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award this year
- We sent a science project into space and are now receiving data from it.
- 59% of students gained places at one of the top 20 Universities
- You could join the Sixth Form at the Langton
The standard curriculum at the Langton is 4 subjects and our History of Ideas Course in year 12, followed by 3 or 4 A levels and an Extended Project (EPQ) in year 13.
- Sports Hall, Fitness Room and 5 sports pitches, including a new floodlit 3G pitch
- Swimming pool and Climbing Wall
- Large Sixth Form Common Room and designated Sixth Form Cafe
- Four Sixth Form Study areas
We have two full time members of staff providing additional educational needs support for Sixth Formers and a dedicated study room for them to use.
There are 32 Sixth Form tutors and a Sixth Form Management Team. In addition, there are 5 memebers of staff with responsibility for advice and support in University applications, include Oxbridge and Biomedicine.
Summary of Results 2017
Number of Students
Overall pass rate of all entries
Grade A or A*
Percentage of students gaining at least AAB
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.