Welcome to Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
We shall be holding an Information Evening for external students on Thursday 16th November 2017 at 6.45pm for a 7.00pm start.
Our Open Evening will be held at Thursday 1st February 2018 at 7.00pm and will include a tour of the school along with various talks from subject leaders, Heads of School and Sixth Form.
Did you know....?
- there are 500 students in our Sixth Form - more than half of them joined the Langton after Year 11
- We have the same strategy as Google - 20% beyond the core curriculum
- We are the only school in the world with a licence to modify the human gene
- We have Elite Sports programmes in 6 sports
- There are over 80 Sixth Formers doing the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award this year
- We sent a science project into space and are now receiving data from it.
- 59% of students gained places at one of the top 20 Universities
- You could join the Sixth Form at the Langton
The standard curriculum at the Langton is 4 subjects and our History of Ideas Course in year 12, followed by 3 or 4 A levels and an Extended Project (EPQ) in year 13.
- Sports Hall, Fitness Room and 5 sports pitches, including a new floodlit 3G pitch
- Swimming pool and Climbing Wall
- Large Sixth Form Common Room and designated Sixth Form Cafe
- Four Sixth Form Study areas
We have two full time members of staff providing additional educational needs support for Sixth Formers and a dedicated study room for them to use.
There are 32 Sixth Form tutors and a Sixth Form Management Team. In addition, there are 5 memebers of staff with responsibility for advice and support in University applications, include Oxbridge and Biomedicine.
Summary of Results 2017
Number of Students
Overall pass rate of all entries
Grade A or A*
Percentage of students gaining at least AAB
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys directly.