Welcome to The Prince's Trust
The Prince’s Trust is a charity that believes in young people who often don’t believe in themselves. We seek out those young people that need our help the most and work with young people who struggle at school, are in or leaving care, are long-term unemployed or have been in trouble with the law. We work with young people aged 13-30 to help them get back into work, education and training.
We also involve young people in the design and evaluation of programmes. Our programmes include engagement activities, progression support and peer mentoring.
Programmes to support young people
We run programmes that encourage young people to take responsibility for themselves – helping them build the life they choose rather than the one they’ve ended up with:
- The Enterprise Programme provides money and support to help young people start up in business.
- The Team Programme is a 12-week personal development course, offering work experience, qualifications, practical skills, community projects and a residential week.
- Get intos are short courses offering intensive training and experience in a specific sector to help young people get a job.
- Development Awards are small grants to enable young people to access education, training or work.
- xl clubs give 13-19 year olds who are at risk of truanting, exclusion and underachievement a say in their education. They aim to improve attendance, motivation and social skills.
Around one in five young people in the UK are not in work, education or training. Youth unemployment costs the UK economy £10 million a day in lost productivity, while youth crime costs £1 billion every year.
We address this by giving practical and financial support to the young people who need it most. We help develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The Prince's Trust directly.