Welcome to Bradford Studio School
The International Food & Travel Studio is a new & unique learning experience for 14 to 19 year olds of all abilities. We are currently taking applications for September 2013 entry into Years 10 and 12 offering...
- A range of key academic and vocational qualifications including GCSEs, A Levels and BTEC Diplomas with Specialisms in International Food and Travel
- Weekly work placements with high-profile local and national business in the international food and travel industry.
- Fantastic facitlities including a state of the art demonstration kitchen, iPads, an interactive digital theatre and a 737 aeroplane fuselage converted into a classroom directly in front of the Studio building
Students graduating from the International Food & Travel Studio not only have a portfolio of qualifications behind them, but also the essential work experience employers are looking for to put them one step ahead, giving them the best possible chance of future employment.
Sponsored by Bradford College, The International Food and Travel Studio offers a new and unique education option for students entering into Year 10, 11, 12 and 13.
At the heart of the studio school model are six essential elements:
Employability and life skills
Everything about the Studio, from the structure of the day to the curriculum, is revolved around replicating the world of work in order to help students develop the skills they need to succeed in life and work.
The Studio offers key academic and vocational qualifications enabl
ing students to progress onto their chosen career.
We understand that each student has their own needs, abilities and talents. Each student will be assigned a personal coach who will support them in all aspects of the Studio, from homework to careers to social issues.
The Studio will take an innovative approach to learning involving enterprise themed projects to enable students to put into practice what they learn.
Weekly Work Placements
We go further than the traditional 2 week block of work experience. Our students will spend a significant portion of their weekly time on work placements with local employers.
Our Studio will be a small school with a capacity of 300 students offering a high staff to student ratio enabling a uniquely supportive learning environment.
Our approach is as much about developing our students as people as it is about education and employment. We aim to better engage students in their learning and help them to understand how what happens at school relates to the wider world.
- Open plan learning environment in newly refurbished building
- iPads for every student
- State of the art demonstration kitchen
- Classroom converted 737 aircraft fuselage
- Digital theatre
- Business boardroom
Personal coaches asigned to every student to support with all aspects of the Studio, from homework to careers to social issues.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Bradford Studio School directly.