Welcome to Skills for Careers
Skills for Careers
Established in 2012, Skills for Careers has built on the success of its sister company, Evolution Training (established in 2004) which delivers high quality, affordable and accessible corporate training courses. The Skills for Careers group of Apprenticeship Academies is backed financially by colleges in the East Midlands and Yorkshire & Humber regions and has been developed to provide high quality Apprenticeship programmes to aspiring young adults looking to progress into a career. Skills for Careers offers five Apprenticeship academies that guarantee employment for all of our students. This allows Apprentices to begin a career whilst achieving a nationally recognised qualification that is valued by employers.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE IN SHEFFIELD, BARNSLEY, ROTHERHAM AND CHESTERFIELD
Skills for Careers offers the following Apprenticeship Academies and Apprenticeship Frameworks:
- The Business Skills Academy - Business Administration & Customer Service Level 2 & 3
- The Creative & Digital Media Academy - Creative & Digital Media Level 3
- The Social Media Academy - Digital & Social Media Marketing Level 3
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
Throughout your time in the Academy we will ensure that you receive the following:
- A guaranteed job for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- The best training and development that is available to you and directly relevant to your job role.
- On-going guidance and support from the Academy support staff.
- A dedicated Assessor that will work with you on a one to one basis throughout your Apprenticeship.
- Additional support and assistance as and when required.
- Assistance with job search, interview preparation and access to our bank of local employers.
To complement the Apprenticeship, learners also attend our monthly workshops, delivered by qualified industry experts at our training centre in Electric Works in the centre of Sheffield. These sector specific workshops are designed to enhance students’ knowledge and understanding, whilst also providing a place where they can meet other Apprentices within the Academy and share their experiences.
Examples of Academy Workshops within our Business Skills Academy include:
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Customer Care Training
- ICT Skills
- The Importance of Working as part of a Team
- Sales Skills
- Communication Skills (including verbal, non-verbal and written)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Presentation Skills
- Developing Your own Personal Effectiveness
We will provide support and training to assist you in securing employment. This will include:
- CV and application writing
- Job search support
- Interview Skills
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Skills for Careers through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.