Welcome to BCTG
BCTG offers a unique opportunity to young people and adults either looking to take their first career steps or to build on their existing skills.
BCTG works with over 50 partners across England to deliver high quality vocational training that brings genuine results. Each year we work with over 4500 young people and adults helping them develop better skills, and improve their prospects. Last year over 95% of people successfully completed a vocational qualfiication with us.
So if you're leaving school or are an adult looking to improve your career prospects, our team of independent guidance officers can help you secure the training you need.
BCTG and its partners deliver a wide range of programmes including Traineeships for 16-24 year olds, 16-18 Apprenticeships and Adult Apprenticeships in Health &
Care, Engineering & Manufacturing, Construction, Retail & Commerce, Leisure Travel & Tourism, Education & Training and Business& Management.
In addition, our KickStart Study Programmes give young people access to high quality training and work experience to help them take the first steps on the career ladder. KickStart Plus, for those aged 16-24, offers a direct route into Intermediate and Advanced
We work with a range of partners throughout Dudley borough and beyond who deliver courses in partnership with ourselves. Therefore you may be able to enrol on a course suitable for your needs very near to where you live!
The providers all offer a variety of courses to suit your needs, many of them on a roll on-roll off basis with a tailored approach to cater for your abilities and needs. Some of the providers will offer work experience, and also social activities such as
outward bound courses, gym sessions, cinema trips and many more.
Some are also able to offer financial help such as Bursary Fund and travel expenses.
We have a team of highly qualified IAG officers who can help, support and assist you throughout your time with us, they will work with you and your training provider/employer to ensure that you understand the learner journey process and how you can get the most out of your experience. Our organisation is also Matrix accredited.
Our teams within BCTG work on specific aspects and types of delivery, but essentially we are all here to help you succeed!
We have a vast knowledge of training and further education options, so that when you are ready to progress from one programme to another and onto employment we can help you do that. One of the ways you might be able to start on the apprenticeship route is through our Apprenticeship Works Agency.
Study Programme - KickstartPlus
What is Kickstart Plus?
KickstartPlus is a programme of study for young people 16-18 years of age. KickstartPlus programmes combine
- learning about work with
- personal and social development and
- help you to improve your English and mathematics.
The programme will also give you the chance to learn “information technology” (IT) skills. (English, maths. and IT are known as “Functional Skills”.)
The programme has been designed to provide:
- the knowledge, understanding and skills you’ll need to enter employment or other training;
- opportunities to gain a nationally recognised qualification relating to work skills;
- opportunities to develop an essential range of skills, personal qualities and attitudes.
The KickstartPlus programme will provide you with a clear path towards recognised qualifications, employment or college.
As a learner with BCTG, we will support you throughout your programme to help you achieve your goals.
You will start by attending for at least 24 hours a week but you will soon add more hours so that you are getting used to a longer working week. During your time on the KickstartPlus programme you will study the following:
Personal and Social Development
This is an opportunity for you to think about the skills you have achieved, and develop new ones needed for further training, employment and life in general. Following on from your induction you will be encouraged to take part in a range of activities that will challenge, support and guide you. These activities may include sports, working safely, working in teams and visits to a number of interesting places.
Study Programme providers are:
- SCCT - Contact Mim Hall on
- SCT - contact Craig Alsobrook on
- St Thomas Network - contact Trevor Campbell on
- Peter Pyne - contact Mandy Pyne on
- Landau - contact Evelyn Suszko on
- Timken - contact Lynne Cocken on
The Apprenticeship Works
BCTG is one of a small number of organisations nationally, approved as an Apprentice Training Agency. Our agency, The Apprenticeship Works, offers a unique way for young people can access high quality Apprenticeships and employment with local companies.
Put simply, it’s a new way of getting you in to work. We work differently from any other training programme or recruitment
agency, you get
- Employed status with the Agency and the security of a weekly income.
- Get £110 per week paid straight into your bank.
- Get great benefits like holiday and sickness pay.
- Get training on the job and gain an pprenticeship as you go.
If you are interested either call 0845 873 3855 or email
24+ Advanced Learning Loans
If you're over 24 and want to undertake a Level 3 course or above, you can now
apply for a Government backed loan to cover all the costs of the
training. So courses such as Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced &
higher Apprenticeships can now be paid for by a simple low interest, low cost
Anyone can apply for a loan whether they are unemployed, employed already in training, or in further education, through one simple process.
don't start until April 2016 and then only if you earn over £21,000 a year. If you earn less, you pay nothing, if you stop working, your repayments stop too. 24+ Loans are Government backed, so repayments are really low, starting at £7.00 per month. Even then your employer can contribute or pay the loan in full.
To find out what's available or to contact one of our guidance officers visit www.24plusloans.com
We have a wide range of support services and facilities including:
- Dedicated disabled parking
- Dedicated disabled toilet facilities
- Advice, Guidance and Mentoring
- Special dietary provision
- Internal CCTV in training rooms
- Other specialist provision may be provided upon request
BCTG offers a comprehensive range of programmes to support the education and skills sector. for full details download our Further A5 Course Guide 2013 Inner.pdf
Learning & Development Awards
- City & Guilds Training, Assessment & Quality Assurane (TAQA) 6317
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment
- Processes and Practices (6 credits)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (9 credits)
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievements (9 credits)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (15 credits)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance Processes and Practices (12 credits)
- Level 4 Certicate in Leading the Internal Quality Assuracen of Assessment
- Processes and Practices (17 credits)
- City & Guilds 6318 Level 3 Awards and Certificates in Learning and Development QCF
- Level 3 Award in understanding the Principles and Practices of Learning and Development
- Level 3 Award in Facilitating Learning and Development
- Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development
- City & Guilds 6318 Level 4 and Diploma in Learning and Development QCF
- Level 4 in Learning and Development
- Level 4 Diploma in Learning and Development
- NVQ level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety
Advice & Guidance
- City & Guilds 3072 Certificate and Diploma in Advice and Guidance QCF 6
- City & Guilds 3569 Level 3 Certificate in Advice & Guidance QCF
- City & Guilds 3569 Level 4 Diploma in Advice & Guidance QCF
ILM QCF Awards
- ILM Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Team Leading
- ILM Level 3 NVQ Certicate in Management
- ILM Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management
- ILM Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management
Please contact for further information Kate Gough on 0121 544 6455 or email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact BCTG directly.