Welcome to SHIFT MEDIA
Sheffield Independent Film & Television is a community based, not-for-profit training provider. Established in 1990, SHIFT has a vibrant and successful history of working with young people in Sheffield. SHIFT's diverse range of accredited training programmes are designed to give their students the opportunities, skills and confidence they need to develop and learn.
SHIFT's courses are primarily targeted at NEET (not in employment, education or training) young people. No experience is necessary and young people work towards qualifications suitable for their current level.
What is it all about?
SHIFT offers a wide range of training courses to 16-18 year olds interested in reaching further education institutions, or just expanding their skills base and employability. No experience or qualifications are necessary! The qualifications and essential life skills you can master at SHIFT give you the knowledge and the confidence to achieve. So for those with aspirations of college, University an apprenticeship or just getting that dream job, read on!
The qualifications you can acquire at SHIFT will give you a genuine advantage. Be it in the employment market or your educational career, SHIFT can provide you with the knowledge, techniques and direction you need to achieve your targets. For those young learners with little to no official qualifications the NCFE awards offered at SHIFT will prove hugely beneficial not just to your CV but your skills, experience and development as a person as well.
Here at SHIFT we want to make it as easy as possible for young learners to start their training. SHIFT will reimburse travel expenses for young learners to and from the centre. If a young learner is 16-18 years old SHIFT can also organise and provide Young Persons Travelcards for use on buses, trams and trains.
Our ongoing commitment: What you can expect from your time at SHIFT...
SHIFT strive to promote an optimum learning environment. We want to create a place where our students feel relaxed, safe, motivated and stimulated at the same time! Our students tell us they like:
Being treated as adults, the friendly atmosphere, feeling respected, developing their skills, gaining confidence in their own identity and feeling worthwhile in their own right.
What the programme offers:
- focus on you and your needs
- soft, welcoming environment
- a place to meet other young people
- creative activities – arts & crafts, photography, screen writing, interactive media, graphic design (& much more!)...
- English, Maths and Employability Skills development
- a programme of guest speakers and advice sessions from professionals
- accreditation of learning
- official qualifications
- information and guidance to help you decide your next move
- planned progression in further education, employment with training or an apprenticeship.
What we need from you:
- your decision and commitment to be there
- your voice and vision
- you to tell us what you want from your course
- key worker support to track achievement through individual learning plans
- help in applying for funding and benefits such as child care
- help in applying for job opportunities and career advice
How to apply
You can apply for courses at SHIFT MEDIA through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.