Welcome to Ark 6th Form East Sussex
At Ark 6th Form East Sussex we are committed to providing an outstanding post-16 education for all of our students. We are focused on developing our students into well-rounded individuals with the qualifications, skills and mindset that will allow them to succeed at university and in professional life.
Our students’ core study programmes consist of either A level pathways or Professional Pathways in specialist subjects — both options will enable you to progress either to Higher Education or directly into an aspirational school leaver programme or higher apprenticeship.
Ark 6th Form East Sussex has earned a reputation for delivering excellent outcomes. We are extremely proud of the achievements of our students that have allowed them to progress to top tier destinations such as Oxford, Cambridge and many other Russell Group universities — you can find out more about our success stories in the case studies in this prospectus.
This is an important point in your educational journey, and the information in this prospectus will help you choose the options which best match your needs and ambitions for the future.
We very much look forward to working with you over the next two years, supporting your academic progress and helping you to move on to university and the professional career of your choice.
James Hamilton Head of Ark 6th Form East Sussex
Our commitment to you
- We are committed to providing you with the highest quality sixth form experience. In order to do this we will:
- Ensure you feel cared for, included and valued as an individual.
- Do all that we can to help you reach a good university or enter a professional career of your choice.
- Treat you with honesty, fairness and respect — as a young adult in a professional workplace.
Keeping track of your progress is fundamental — so you will:
- meet regularly with your teachers and tutor throughout the year to monitor your progress.
- receive progress reports each term comparing your performance against your target grades.
- attend parents’ evenings with your parent/ carer to review your progress.
Teaching and learning is at the heart of what we do, and we will: …
- Provide a consistently high quality learning experience, with lessons that engage and challenge.
- Provide personalised support through teachers and your tutor to support your progress.
- Help you to organise your work effectively so that you meet our expected standards.
Our partnership is made up of two like-minded school sixth forms. They are:
- Committed to a culture of equality, respect and celebrating the diversity of our communities.
- Actively seeking out the views of students to help us improve what we do.
- Providing a safe and secure environment for learning
There are dedicated sixth form facilities on both school sites including study spaces, sixth form only catering and communal areas for break and lunchtime.
Study spaces are supervised by the sixth form team or teaching staff whenever possible.
This ensures you have access to support when you need it and also helps you to make good use of your study periods, staying on top of your academic workload while also focusing on personal organisation, time management and research skills.
Some students move between sites to attend lessons in some subjects and to make the most of opportunities for volunteering and enrichment. Where this is necessary, you will be transported free of charge in order to minimise the impact on your learning time.
We provide a secure and convenient minibus service to any students who travel as part of their sixth form programme: buses run between the Lower School turning circle at Ark William Parker Academy and the Lower School car park at Ark Helenswood Academy
It is to support learners facing genuine financial barriers and whose families have an income below £30,000.
Ark University Bursary Programme
Students progressing to university who have demonstrated an excellent attitude to learning in sixth form are eligible to apply for Ark university bursaries.
These range from £3,000 for the first year only to £30,000 over a three-year degree programme — in all cases, bursaries help reduce the cost of university for successful applicants.
We continue to support our students during university by providing bursaries, work experience, skills workshops and other unique opportunities as part of the Ark alumni network.
Adam Pearson achieved 1 A*& 3 As and is going to Loughborough University to study Bioengineering.
Anna Smart achieved 4 As and is heading to Edinburgh University to study Economics
Cai Ying Heng achieved 1 A*, 1 A & 1 B and is studying Accounting and Finance at Exeter University
Yasir Yusuf achieved 2A*s and 2As and is heading to University of Warwick
We look forward to welcoming you to our sixth form. Please visit our website for further information:
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Ark 6th Form East Sussex through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.