Welcome to Liskeard School and Community College
Liskeard is a friendly, caring, supportive school in Cornwall with people and relationships at its heart. It is a unique school of extraordinary staff and students and enjoys exceptional support from parents and the local community. We are proud of our school and we are relentless in our approach to make it even better. We take the education of our students very seriously. Providing students with the attitudes, knowledge and skills to lead happy, fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do.
Our sixth-form is thriving; consistently ranked in the top 25% of schools and colleges for student performance and a quite remarkable record of securing the first choice university places for those wishing to continue into higher education.
What is different about Liskeard Sixth Form?
- It is your choice to be with us
- You choose your subjects
- You are treated as adults
- In lessons you work with the teachers in an excellent learning partnership
- We support your progress to further study or work
- We listen to your opinions and appreciate feedback by using questionnaires and through our open door policy
- We work with you to make sure that we provide the opportunities that you need
- You have your own committee which is instrumental in raising funds and addressing issues that are important to you
- Our Sixth Form combines a blend of students from S.E. Cornwall and beyond. In fact we often host students from Europe who bring an added dimension to our community
Our facilities are superb – well-equipped study rooms with internet access and a large common room for socialising. Sixth-form students also have access to the main school facilities such as the multi-gym and canteens.
Developing independence is a big part of being in the Sixth Form. With the changes in the structure of the A level exams we are now promoting the need for independent study in order to prepare our students for the rigour of the courses and for life beyond college. O
ur established study skills co-ordinator will be assisting students in order to establish an effective working regime for each individual. With her tutoring skills she is able to guide any student to be able to unlock their true potential which will allow them to have a successful experience here and beyond.
This summer our A level students achieved outstanding results with our Maths and English departments achieving results in the top 10% of the country. The increase in the number of students achieving A*/A grades was particularly pleasing and once again every student achieved the university place of their choice. Our vocational courses at both level 2 and 3 had a 100% success rate with several candidates obtaining a merit or double distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Liskeard School and Community College directly.