Welcome to Ruskin College
Welcome to Ruskin College
A society where everyone has access to quality education regardless of their background, and the opportunity to fulfil their potential
To provide the best level of education and inclusion opportunities to adults - particularly those who may be excluded or disadvantaged - and to transform the individuals concerned along with the communities, groups and societies from which they came
Students First - providing inspirational teaching and learning opportunities
Respect - valuing everyone, all the time
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion - creating a supportive environment
Excellence - setting high expectations
Pride, Celebration and Loyalty - positive attitudes towards studying and working
Our programmes develop students in areas that help enhance and empower the community.
We offer life changing, second chances to adults with few or no qualifications.
Support and advice comes as standard, whatever the personal or emotional barrier we can help you achieve success in your studies.
We’re independent, residential and based in Oxford.Ruskin's approach to learning is centered around:
- Small class sizes – enabling you to work closely with our tutors to make real progress, deepen your knowledge and enhance your skills
- Academic excellence – highly qualified academic staff who provide a supportive and enriching learning experience
- Tutorials – weekly tutorials with a dedicated tutor will help you learn and develop the skills you need and handle the challenges you face
- A supportive environment - our learning development team can help you realise your potential and overcome your own personal barriers to learning
- Professional development - our longer courses can lead you directly into professional careers or on to further study
- Distinctive supportive academic community - bursaries are available for accommodation and meals for Access to HE Diploma students and all further education students
We understand that life isn’t always a straight road. Sometimes, financial, personal or social obstacles make it difficult for individuals to take advantage of educational opportunities early on in life. We help those people overcome barriers to learning and provide quality educational experiences to those looking to step onto to a better path.
In any case, for many people, returning to education can raise fears and anxieties, as well as awakening hopes and excitement. Talking to our tutors can help. We aim to support our students through the emotional and personal difficulties of learning to allow them to achieve their goals. We offer each and every student a holistic package of support, based on individual needs, to help safeguard and nurture your learning, development and success.
It doesn’t matter how you begin, start now and soon you could be on your way to achieving a full university degree and all the benefits that brings.
Ruskin students have frequently gone on to work in education, in social work and social care, in the media, in trade unions, in management and in politics. A large proportion of our students progress to the next levels of higher education, here at Ruskin or within other institutions - including many of our most famous universities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Ruskin College directly.