Welcome to Oasis Academy Brislington
The leadership team and staff at Oasis Academy Brislington are wholeheartedly committed to providing Excellence as Standard.
This aim is central to everything that we do, setting the highest expectations for the standard of care, learning and behaviour in the academy.
We ask our students to follow three simple guidelines: Work Hard, Look Smart, Be Nice.
Oasis Academy Brislington is an inclusive community, meeting the needs of young people from all backgrounds in our part of south east Bristol, including those who live in Brislington, Stockwood, Knowle, Totterdown, St Anne’s and Broomhill. This school site has been a pivotal provider of secondary education in the area for more than 50 years.
Oasis Academy Brislington is one of three Oasis secondary academies in Bristol. The city also has five primary academies. Together with two secondary academies in Southampton and a primary academy in Wiltshire, we make up Oasis Academies South West.
At Oasis Academy Brislington, everything we do is centred on the Oasis ethos:
- a passion to include everyone
- a desire to treat everyone equally, respecting differences
- a commitment to healthy and open relationships
- a deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed
- a sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
We have an unwavering belief in ‘inclusion’ – that every student should have the opportunity to realise their potential, regardless of their background. You will often see the Oasis ‘Circle of Inclusion’ throughout the academy to symbolise this belief. Our academy has a 55-place provision for those with autism and/or speech, language and communication needs, plus a 10-place Post-16 provision for students with those needs.
We believe in community. We recognise that we are stronger together and therefore value collaboration. We develop an understanding and tolerance of each other through knowledge, mutual respect, believing the best of one another and forgiveness. We work as a community, supporting our pupils, families and staff in everything we do.
Oasis Academy Brislington is situated in an impressive 60 acres of attractive grounds overlooking South Bristol. Serving several local communities, including Brislington, Stockwood, Knowle, Totterdown, St Anne’s and Broomhill, we are (and have been for over half a century), a pivotal provider of secondary education in the area.
Our award winning £34.8 million state of the art building offers some of the very best facilities for teaching and learning, and has helped deliver vibrance and excellence for the past six years. Facilities include a 500m² E-Learning Zone, extensive sports facilities, dance/drama studios and cafe style catering. Our IT facilities and equipment are second to none with dedicated rooms and a variety of mobile devices that are used across the Academy.
Oasis Academy Brislington will support all children by:
- Encouraging self-esteem and appropriate self-assertiveness whilst not condoning aggression or bullying
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the Academy
- Liaising and working together with all other support services and those agencies involved in the safeguarding of children
- Notifying Social Care via the approved mechanisms as soon as there is a significant concern
- Providing continuing support to a child about whom there have been concerns who leaves the school by ensuring that appropriate information is forwarded under confidential cover to the child's new school.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Oasis Academy Brislington directly.